Aldi bargain

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Casnz10
Longlasting Laner

Aldi bargain

Post by Casnz10 »

Bought a pack of 3 propagators should have been less than £4 but the checkout assistant scanned my 99p chocolate twice instead of scanning the propagator so I got it for 99p, bargain, especially when I saw a pack of 4 propagators in a garden centre of similar quality for £9.99. So I have now planted the rest of my seeds. Oh and the Irish cream for £3.99 is really nice :-D
Last edited by Casnz10 on 04 Mar 2011, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Maggie1

Re: Aldi bargain

Post by Maggie1 »

Our local Aldi are selling plug plants. I have just bought 15 geranium for €2.99 that works out about 15 cents each. Petunias worked out at 11 cents. It doesn't take much to repot them and when the time comes I can transfer my 15 cent geraniums into tubs and the local garden centre will be selling them for at least €2.99 each. So I will have saved over €41.
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

I love Aldi, I don't go as much as I should through sheer laziness as its an extra 15minute drive but when I take mum we always marvel at how cheap our shopping bill is compared to morrismans. I think I'm going to make a very late new years res to shop at Aldi from now on )t'
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

These 'discount' stores are very good for their cheap lines, but you cannot always get everything on your shopping list.
We went to Netto the other day and did a whole list of shopping there, but we had to go to ADSA to get that which Netto don't stock.
Did I read right a while ago that Walmart are buying out Netto? That could be good for us.
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
jennylsm
Learner Laner

Post by jennylsm »

i love Aldi too Kat! i think what they offer to their shoppers is of great value and quality, although i do tend to go Asda as it's more convenient.

I came across their gardening page before and they have a seasonal hints and tips guide, which i found really helpful and i thought i'd share - https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/gardening-plants/ :-D
juilly
Lively Laner

Post by juilly »

I love Home Bargains and B&M for good cheap seasonal stuff... I save a fortune buying there instead of at the garden centers! :-D
proud new mummy to Dolly, Molly, Hetty, Betty and Holly (who accidentally jumped into the box!) :)