South Downs National Park

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

South Downs National Park

Post by Richard »

As it officially became a national park today, does anyone live there and have any views on it?

I think it's great news and a big step in keeping some of our Land more protected, or could it become more a commercial tourist Park?

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Re: South Downs National Park

Post by p.penn »

I saw it on the local news last night and a farmer in our village was interviewed. Not sure what the implications will be for people like me, although I believe there will be issues for local farmers and the powers that be.

There may be problems as many people (if not the majority) will see it merely as a place of beauty, and forget that it is a working environment too.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I guess there are some who would think on the lines that as it's a National Park, they more or less have the right to roam everywhere.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Absolutely, and while there are footpaths/bridleway responsibilities that farmers (quite rightly) have to adhere to, there is a definite lack of respect from quite a few people who abuse their rights and infringe on, what ultimately is, private property.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com