Sweet peas

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Sweet peas

Post by Annie »

I usually pinch out the growing tip on the sweet peas when they have a couple of sets of leaves but do you all bother to do this or not. It's supposed to make for a stronger plant , I would love to be lazy this year and leave them if I can get away with it.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Maggie1

Re: Sweet peas

Post by Maggie1 »

Yes keep pinching otherwise they go spindly
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I don't always, but must admit for the last couple of years I have bought mine from a boot sale and there are loads of plants in one blob, and 12 blobs. I have never had such fab sweet peas. )c(

BTW - do you think you can eat the flowers?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

p.penn wrote:I don't always, but must admit for the last couple of years I have bought mine from a boot sale and there are loads of plants in one blob, and 12 blobs. I have never had such fab sweet peas. )c(

BTW - do you think you can eat the flowers?

Helen , I havent a clue are you looking for a breath freshner after garlic bread ?
:shock:
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha - no Annie - I bought a really sweet book in white stuff's sale - it is called 'what shall we do today' and is full of projects for kids to make - so about my level. )grin2(

One of the things they have is cupcakes with crunchy pansy/viola leaves on top - you paint them with egg white and sugar.

I was wondering if you could substitute sweet pea flowers as I don't have any violas.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Just to let you know BTW, Perchy has told me that sweet peas are POISONOUS, so please don't eat the flowers or seeds yike* .
Helen xx