Le JOG another odyssy

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Mo
Legendary Laner

Le JOG another odyssy

Post by Mo »

I've just discovered this 4 mad folkies from a Devon folk club, walking from Lands End to JoG, stopping off to take part in music sessions along the way with recording gear (in the support van). Aiming to present the recordings to the library of EFDSS (English folk dance and song society), and the Oral History Archive of The British Museum. They are inviting people to walk with them.

Not just Richard who's crazy.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Le JOG another odyssy

Post by Richard »

That's great Mo, like that !!

Did you ever watch a BBC Drama called 'First and Last' about a chap who retired and did the walk. Really moving and brilliantly acted by Joss Ackland.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Re: Le JOG another odyssy

Post by 4 french hens »

At 02.30 yesterday morning, I sold my 1995 Citroen Xantia diesel to 3 chaps who are going to drive it from here in Cambridgeshire to Upminster in Essex where they will change the cam belt (current ones age is unknown) then in august will drive to Lands End to take part in the Banger Safari end to end (JoG) and then back to Essex. A toal distance of well over 2000 miles to raise money for the MacMillan Nurses Charity. Look it up on www.streetsafari.com

I say what a great bunch of people who do things selflessly such as le-jog in order to raise money for charity no matter how they do it.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.