Hayfever

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Hayfever

Post by secret squirrel »

Its that time of year again. Anyone else suffer. For me its Silver Birch pollen and Flowering Blackcurrent.
Sneezing all the time at the moment.
lorna {hug}
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Re: Hayfever

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Snap Lorna :?
I have to take a anti whats it all year round, am allergic to housedust mites. Normally have to start the year off with kenalog steroids since they won't let me have Kenalog injection )gr:

Miserable isn't it {cry}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

It is. Luckily mine isnt bad enough to have to take anything for it. Well I guess I could but I dont like taking pills. I just have to carry endless tissues around for about a month. Didnt have it as a kid. It developed when I was in my early 20s.
My poor son suffers much more than me but they wont allergy test him to find out what hes allergic to so he buys over the counter stuff.
Sometime his eyes swell up and he can hardly see at all, poor thing.
The only thing they finally agreed to was an allergy test after he suffered breathing difficulties after drinking soya coffee. It turned out he has a nut allergy. Funnily he `senses` things about foods and hadnt eaten peanuts for years because the made his lips tingle. When they make soya coffee they use peanut oil as a mixer and he is allergic to both the soya and the peanuts, plus almonds.
That together with the hayfever makes life rotten sometimes.
lorna {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Poor you Lorna {hug}

I'm asthmatic and have hay fever too. I now take anti histamine all year round and have found that cetirizine works well for me )t'

There's lots of anti histamines you can take, it's just a matter of finding one that works well for you.

Sorry to hear about your son too. You know, I do think there are more and more allergies developing in people these days.

I've noticed in the last year or so, whenever I eat a raw apple my lips swell up! yike* Never used to have this problem at all.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

My Sinus always gets worse when the Pollen is high. Since having my cold 5 weeks ago, it has really thrown my balance off {cry} Have always suffered with inner ear problems, but this has really become a pain in the butt! My head feels really weird all the time, and ears feel full. My son will be sneezing in a few weeks, he gets it really bad sometimes. Hope you feel better soon Lorna {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

If you can get hold of some LOCAL honey and take a teaspoonful /day it is supposed to help de sensitise you to local pollen.I dont suffer so have not tried it but my homeopath told me in passing!
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

I can vouch for the local honey cure ..my son suffered badly untill a few years ago when he started taking it.. for best results you need to start taking it a month or so before the pollen season...it works.. )t'
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Had it really bad last year for the very first time at age 48?.
Hasn't been so bad as yet this year ,so fingers crossed!

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Its got to be LOCAL honey. Not stuff from the supermarket. Its something to do with the pollen thats collected in your area.
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

I have a theory that so many more people have allergies now because of the rubbish they put into food. Its very hard to eat food which isnt loaded with e numbers of colourants and other additives.
When I was a child I didnt know anyone at all who was allergic to foods apart from those who cant eat fish and shell fish and things like that.
You think you are buying decent things but later find they arent as healthy as you would have like, by which time you have fed them to your family.
There was no-one with clear allergies on either side of our families but every one of my children, now adults and also my nephew, have allergies of some sort.
What on earth are we doing to ourselves. Everything is genetically modified or added to.
lorna
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I've believed that for many years. When I was a child 60 years ago. Lactose intolerance wasn't heard of. Every child had a bottle of milk in school which HAD to be drunk. Nut allergy was another thing that was unheard of. Mind you nuts were a luxory, the only time I had nuts was at Christmas at the bottom of my stocking with some fruit. On saying that nuts were put in cakes and everybody ate cakes with no problem. Personally I think its the anti biotic thing. Animals are given them and our doctor in kent used to give them out like sweeties. I think the body like animals as well as us get used to all these chemicals and thats when the problem starts. With animals it all goes into the meat market and food stuffs and we are getting it shoved down our throats again. I think unless you rear your own meat and grow your own food you can't get away from it. Phew thats a long one said the art mistress to the gardener :-D :-D