Cat scarer?

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Mrs B

Cat scarer?

Post by Mrs B »

Has anyone tried those cat figures with marble eyes to scare away cats with any success?

Three of my flowerbeds are continually being used as a cat loo and I quite like the look of the figures.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Re: Cat scarer?

Post by Mallard »

Trying a home made one at the moment along with rubber snakes (they say pigeons won't land if they see snakes?) and CDs on strings! :-D
The eyes on mine are cut from the shiny side of a CD!
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

We have tried everything and anything from cat statues to water sprayers (motion sensored) from Lion poo to Orange peel... you name it, and I can guarantee we have tried it! All without success.

Strangely, the one thing that did work, was industrial strength moth balls that we bought off fleabay and it cost us 99p for 100 mothballs.

We scattered a few around, and although at first all you can smell is mothballs, when our flowers came up they covered the smell but it still stopped the damn cats.
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

We had the same problem when we lived in Ashford. We tried everything and then we got a cat ourselves. Never had the same problem again. My Sister has the same problem as her neighbour has 15 cats and they keep breeding. She has cats all round so her garden is their toilet.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

So basically the solution is to move to a cat and zombie prrof castle on an island in the sea :-D

I don't want a cat, don't do house pets as I am a cleaning freak :oops: and MrB is allergic to animal hair }hairout{ .

Mallard have your guard cat and snakes been successful? The pigeons here are filthy beats and are making a disgusting mess everywhere.

On a happy note my visiting ducks have returned, the visit me 4 times a day every Spring for about 3 weeks. The ducks I don't mind at all, although they are cheeky and knock on the door if they don't see me around
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

sorry only trying to help
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Maggie1 wrote:sorry only trying to help

Thanks anyway, your poor sister having 15 cats using her garden ... she must be very frustrated with it.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Mallard have your guard cat and snakes been successful? The pigeons here are filthy beats and are making a disgusting mess everywhere.

Too early to say yet, my scarecrow is fairly effective as well, my cabbage seedlings are still OK, but I have a lot more stuff to plant out yet! :?
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

They didn't work for us.
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Knikitta wrote:They didn't work for us.

You must have very persistant cats! , it works fine for me and loads of other people by the look of the reviews on Amazon?

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.