Garden Claw, anyone?

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Garden Claw, anyone?

Post by rhubarb93 »

Matey next door to my allotment was raving about his long handled Garden Claw yesterday - says it's the most useful tool he's ever had.
Anyone tried them? What do you reckon?
I've looked at them before, and thought the ones in the garden centres were pricey for what they were. There are lots of cheeper versions around on Fleabay, Argoose etc. but don't know if they'd be as durable.
Stef
Legendary Laner

Re: Garden Claw, anyone?

Post by Stef »

I'd be inerested in knowing. We were talking about hem yesterday whilst Mike dug and sort of broke up the second veggie bed with a hand trowel prior to raking it!

I hope someone comes along with an opinion - please :-D
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
manda

Post by manda »

Do you mean Like this?.

I've got one and I use it in my compost to stir it up and also in the garden for the weeds. Depends how much they are - if you can get one cheap then I would say go for it (that's why I got mine) but if it's expensive ?? not so sure.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
manda

Post by manda »

Just a thought could you ask your neighbour if you could have a go and see if you like using it?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Only problem I had with it was if the ground is particularly hard, it's difficult to get in in the ground to start with. :?
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
fussymare
Lively Laner

Post by fussymare »

I agree with lizziedoggarden. We have quite heavy clay soil in our vegetable garden, and it is almost impossible to use the garden claw when the soil is baked hard. I have the short handled version and don't use it a great deal.