Hay Fever - really bad this year

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Hay Fever - really bad this year

Post by Benny&Co »

Noticed my hay fever is particularly bad this year.

Wondering if it's because we have the girls now and it's going to take me a little while to get used to them in hotter temperatures?

Did anyone else notice a change in their asthma/hay fever/allergies the first year they had their girls?
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
stace
Legendary Laner

Re: Hay Fever - really bad this year

Post by stace »

Morning Bev, I don't get hay fever as such, but have noticed i am really bunged up each morning at the moment, its also worse whan its windy, not noticed it with the girls though
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I didn't notice a change in my hay fever when we got the chooks, but it is certainly a bad year so far... I'm already on my maximum dose of anti-histamines AND the nose spray }hairout{
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Poor you !!I missed that gene,my brother got it )j; Get youself a supply of local honey and take some every day to lessen your symptoms )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Just got back from Izzy's riding lesson and I'm streaming despite staying in the car and not watching her ride. The minute my hay fever starts, the slightest thing sets me off - horses, apples, kiwi fruit and my own cat causing the most eye rubbing at the moment )gr:
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Alex is suffering with this horrible choked up blocked nose itchy eye syndrome at the moment too and I am suffering with lack of sleep because of it as it makes him snore really badly - I was going to suffocate him the other night but remembered it was my birthday the next day and I wanted my pressies !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Annie... {rofwl} {rofwl}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks guys, seems I'm not the only one hey?

I'm on my daily dose of cetirizine (anti histamine) and still sneezing like a right old trooper!

Bet I'm snoring really loud too! :oops: Poor hubbly .ang.

Hopefully a bit of nice sea air next week will help )t' :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

It is a really bad year this year for hay fever. Last week I went to my GP with chest tightness. I am asthmatic, but she felt it was more likely to be pollen. I have fields of gorse around me. Lots of rapeseed about also which is really bad for hay fever suffers.
I don't know if it is the same where you live, but here the cars are covered in dust which we must also breath in.
Hope you soon feel better {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Alex. & Annie wrote:Alex is suffering with this horrible choked up blocked nose itchy eye syndrome at the moment too and I am suffering with lack of sleep because of it as it makes him snore really badly - I was going to suffocate him the other night but remembered it was my birthday the next day and I wanted my pressies !

Good thinking. Hope the pressies were worth it. I'm sure they were and a belated happy birthday. >mmm<
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Funnily enough, my hayfever is back this year with avengence, and my asthama is really bad too at the mo. I went out to water the garden last night and after 10 mins was wheezing like a good un. I think for me its a combination of moving house, and there being alot more trees around here, hence more blossom blowing around, and the wind. I`m up a hill too, which makes it worse.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Had it really bad last year for the very first time at age 48?.
Hasn't been so bad as yet this year ,so fingers crossed!

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Mad Chick wrote:Just got back from Izzy's riding lesson and I'm streaming despite staying in the car and not watching her ride. The minute my hay fever starts, the slightest thing sets me off - horses, apples, kiwi fruit and my own cat causing the most eye rubbing at the moment )gr:

That's interesting you mention apples Lucy.

I've always been fine with fruits of all kinds but noticed in the last year or two, whenever I have a 'raw' apple, I get itchy throat, my lips swell and go red too!

Okay peeling them though and with cooked ones :?
Bev x

Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Benny&Co wrote:That's interesting you mention apples Lucy.

I've always been fine with fruits of all kinds but noticed in the last year or two, whenever I have a 'raw' apple, I get itchy throat, my lips swell and go red too!

Okay peeling them though and with cooked ones :?

Someone told me it's because I'm allergic to the tree pollen from these fruit trees. Apples and kiwi fruit are the worst culprits for me but I also have to be careful with peaches and plums too. When peeling an apple or a kiwi fruit for the kids lunchboxes, if I touch my face while there is juice on my hands, I get a lumpy, itchy patch.
I have noticed I'm starting to get itchy with hazelnuts too but not any other nuts yet.

Do kiwi fruit grow on trees?
Lucy x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh dear Lucy you're allergic to quite a few things aren't you.

Do you carry an Epi pen?

I'm not sure if Kiwi's grow on trees.... will have a look for you. I know that in New Zealand they're yellow as opposed to our green ones :-D
Bev x