Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
PK
Lively Laner

Post by PK »

Amazing range of colours :!:
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

You're right PK.. We knew we could expect just about anything because Tigger is a tortie / calico.. the only colour i wished for but didnt expect was the grey... must have been Daddy, or maybe even two daddies? :shock: :oops: :mrgreen:
We're running into a problem now, two teats are dry which leaves six teats for seven jnrs.. every 'mealtime' (about once per hour!) is a fight from begining to end :( I bought kitten milk as soon as she'd had them for just this reason, but the teat supplied with the milk is ridiculous... I just can't get any of the jnrs to accept it.. I'll be phoning the vet for advice today. They are all gaining weight but every feedtime is very stressfull for Mum (and us).. )hlp>
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

kitties

Post by melons »

I've PM'd you a message :-D

Mel
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Jnrs all Ok, all managing to get their fill even though we are one teat short.. :shock: They have each put on at least 1.5 ounces! Mum is eating like a horse and is brilliant.. she has been out on the patio for a break and some fresh air but zooms back in the minute there is a peep from her brood )t'
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I've put some more pics on the album just in case you're not all 'over kittened' yet.. I'm now stretched between sitting with my chook girls and generally clucking over them and sitting staring at the kittens & going all broody and pathetic..
Isn't nature wonderful though? Tigger trusted us enough to want us with her when she gave birth which is amazing enough.. She then gives birth to seven perfect little kittens.. not one still birth, not a single toe missing each one absolutely perfect and she knows exactly what to do.. Without experience or anyone showing her what to do, she is a faultless mum who protects, feeds, cleans and warms her babies 24 hrs a day... Well I think its fantastic.. There are quite a few human mums I've known over the years who could have learned a lot from our little Tigger....

Albert Einstein
wendy

Post by wendy »

I am with you there. We are all over 'nanny state'd' [is there such a word ?]
All animals are marvellous to watch with their parenting, just do it naturally. There is no argueing back, no misbehaving. The little un's just do as they are expected. Yes, we could learn a great deal from them.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
melons
Legendary Laner

ickle babies

Post by melons »

Can't wait for my sister to get from her hols', so I can show her these little babies, she'd want a ginger one I know it, but she also has a hand reared kitty, & another pure white boy who had to have his legs re-built after an RTA, so she's had her warning where cats & the road outside are concerned, but there's nothing to stop us from cooing.
They are so scrummy.
mel
Cheers
mel x
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

HI all...I'm back.. (just incase anyone noticed I was gone!)
The jnrs started opening their eyes about four days ago.. Most of them are now wide eyed and wobbly headed. They've started to take notice of fellow kittens and mum and are learning to pat and hold on with ever growing paws.. they also started cleaning themselves at just over one week!!!! I dont know how mum is coping, she's either having her teats attacked by seven battling little monsters or she's cleaning bottoms and faces.. If she has any time to herself, she's eating for seven, or having a quick ten minutes in the sun... Bless her.. she's brilliant!! )t'

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

piccies

Post by melons »

My computer wont let me see your pic's anymore, I just get a google page saying, URL cannot be found. :?
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Neither can I Mel.
Wendy

Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Hi both... I've had to move album to Google picasa.. and am having some teething probs :oops: ... It should be ok now though )t'
All are fine by the way and can now definately hear aswell!!

Albert Einstein
PK
Lively Laner

Post by PK »

Great photos! What are you plans for them all?
wendy

Post by wendy »

Thats better aren't they beautiful, as are all young animals.
Wendy

Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

PK... Two have definite homes; we've planned on keeping 2 poss. 3. My brother is buying a house in Germany and will, if one is found and bought fast enough come over and take two, (he and his girlfriend were at the birth)... but that’s a very long shot and more like wishful thinking..
So realistically two poss three are looking for homes. Its going to be sooooooo hard to let them go though... they are getting more beautiful by the day and have real characters already!
The big black one is totally laid back and has been since he popped into the world as the first born.. and the dark red is first at everything and very alert already... The grey with the wide stripe is a total baby with an amazing set of lungs on him and yells if he doesnt get his own way immediately.. Tiny grey is a fighter and the tortie is a mummies girl, the larger grey narrow stripe is a confidant little chap - very pretty... and the light red is a big bruiser with a shocked look on his face and is now the heaviest at 10.30 ounces! :mrgreen:
How we are going to cope in a few weeks when they are all mobile is anyones guess!

Albert Einstein
melons
Legendary Laner

wow

Post by melons »

they have to be the scrumiest kittens on this planet, what is it about kittens faces that makes me want to kiss them :)
Cheers
mel x