Dilema!>?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Dilema!>?

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

ok it happened , it hurts, and now its wear a support foot thingy, or suffer pain, quite honestly no difference with foot support pain with out it pain, im goind mad here now even my chooks stand on 1 leg out of sympathy
i have tried a foot bubble bath , physio, told to take it easy , but im 1 that learnt to run before i could walk , advice if only to be told shut up?, im misserable to hell and back, cant sit for long not used to it, any ideas?
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

dunno....you could use the time to bone up on learning all the stuff you want to know on the net, or read, or watch endless videos of HFW's River Cottage series?

You have my sympathies. When I had a varicose vein removed I ended up diggin the garden after a week only to be told by the doctor that I shouldn't be doing anything strenuous, like 'diggin the garden' he laughed, because he obviously didn't think I'd be doing something that stupid. Wrong....
to err is human..to moo, bovine...
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

TAFF , thats the problem you are never told what you can and what you cannot do, i want yank the thing back into place only to be told its bad , i wish some doctors would give guidlines to the dos and donts!as im getting really annoyed with myself, and also biting off peoples heads around me, just glad my chooks dont answer me back
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

I think a general guide would be don't over exert yourself, and if it hurts ( more than it does when you don't do anything) don't do it....
to err is human..to moo, bovine...
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I'm not one for sitting around either, Sharon, :cry: I'm 3 weeks into my 6 weeks of taking it easy. I am getting through library books like nobody's business, ^b: read one today cover to cover 260 pages. I sit for hours looking at this computer screen. People keep nagging me to not lift anything, don't do this, you can't do that, )gr: I want to run up the road screaming, OH YES I CAN ! The worst bit is not being able to drive, I am desperate to go out somewhere, anywhere, and I can't sit on a bus and be thrown around.

I'm off to bed ~eep~

Ilona
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Oh Ilona i know what you mean i yearn to drive, its frustrating, as after all that is our trade marks, i hace tried reading books and read maybe 4 pages and put them down, tried cross stitch and lose interest, card making is at the moment as i cant concentrate the chickens are the only thing i guess i enjoy at the moment, and even then i have to go up and down 2 steep steps to get in and out of garden, and having my son on school holidays and not being able to go anywhere or do anything is worse still, when i am over this im going to take up running i think,P.S Get well soon x x x
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

One of life's annoyances aches ains, breaks and bruises.

I know a Cricketer who came back from a two year injury in March and told to play 75% of his capabilities.
He played for 15 minutes at his 100% and hasn't played again for a further six month's.

I'm afraid we all think we'll be OK, especially you gals who can tend to be a tad stubborn over these things.

But, without sounding 'Mr. Wisdom', an extra few days of being certain about things now, could save Big setbacks later.

Maybe it'll rain all day, then there's no option anyway !