chinese lanterns

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
kitla
Legendary Laner

chinese lanterns

Post by kitla »

The farmer here is one of our relations. http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/92 ... g_deaths_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hate these things & I cant understand why there's no control over them. We're often picking them up & binning them, even the ones without metal are horrid great things lying around the fields. If I was seen throwing one on the side of the
road I could be fined so I dont understand why hundreds of them can be "thrown"
into the sky & allowed to land anywhere & its quite legal. Rant over, what do
you think?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
marigold.b
Learner Laner

Re: chinese lanterns

Post by marigold.b »

What a sad story. It does seem that banning Chinese lanterns is the only solution as too many people just don't understand that the countryside isn't a playground where you can do as you like.
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

I was in full support of a ban when a local petition to ban these came through to my email, I signed the petition although still no ban yet, I think they are very dangerous. Then again I think the same of Fireworks being on a sale to the general public. On the issue of the lanterns I have had to pick up many from my garden lately that said I seen some for sale today in a bargain shop for £1 each so no doubt there will be more on the go! }hairout{

Kitla - So sorry to read about your relations Cows suffering as a result of these! Any help in any petition that gets going give me a shout and my name will be on that list! )t'
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Thanks, I certainly will. Interesting that they've been banned in several other
countries already, I wonder what pursuaded them?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
honeyfudge
Lively Laner

Post by honeyfudge »

just awful. I think the sale of them should definately banned, i've seen them on sale for as little as £1 for a pack of 10! I also think that the sale of fireworks should be banned. }hairout{
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

So far all the petitions I've found have expired, but from a short search I've
found that the NFU, the coastguard, & the fire dept all want them banned.
I found this report quite disturbing
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13934378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Surprisingly, they're already banned in many parts of China!
--Immanuel Kant