carpet cleaner

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

carpet cleaner

Post by ChrisG »

Soem time ago we had an accident on a light coloured carpet. Since then, ity has been walked over and now there is a dark mark about 6" long by 2" wide just inside the doorway.

Does anyone know what I can use to get it clean without polluting everything with noxious chemicals please?
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: carpet cleaner

Post by Richard »

Beer cleans coffee and tea stains, not sure if it cleans anything else off carpet )t'

See Down the Lane Thrifty Uses for Household Items

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

I think the spillage was milk! Son spilt it, cleaned it up (so not smelling), but as the caropet has been walked on, that area seems to have attracted the dirt and so is much dirtier than the surrounding carpet. The accident was some time ago, so I'm not sure beer will help now.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
manda

Post by manda »

For older stains you can do:
2 tablespoons of detergent,
2 tablespoons of vinegar mixed into
1 litre of warm water

Put it in a spray bottle and then blot it to lift the stain out....repeat spraying and blotting....might get it out.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

Thanks Manda, will try that )t'

I presume we are talking about white vinegar?
Chris xx

manda

Post by manda »

Yep...you could try without first but the vinegar will help break down any fat and smells left in the carpet....might work.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

Do you know anyone who has a steam cleaner?

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

Water with a little soap powder. Mix well dab on with a sponge cover with a tea towel. Use a a steam iron on steam blast. Only leave the steaming iron on for a few seconds at a time and only whilst blasting steam. Then dab/wipe with the tea towel.
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts