labyrinthitis

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
honeyfudge
Lively Laner

labyrinthitis

Post by honeyfudge »

I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis on good friday, the usual symptoms, spinning room and nausea, which got worse whenever i moved my head and hearing loss. I was given meds which only made me feel spaced out. It gradually got better after about 7 weeks. I thought that would be the end of it but for about the last month it has come back. It is worse when i look up or down or when i lie down in bed at night.
I know that there is really nothing that will make it go away only time, but i am getting very tired of it.
I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience, anything that helped them.
madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: labyrinthitis

Post by madmum »

You have my sympathy )t' I found that" sea bands" from a chemists helped with the nausea and vertigo symptoms.
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I can't help you, but know from a friend what an awful condition this is. I hope you soon feel better and will be able to do normal things without feeling dizzy etc {hug} .
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

You poor thing HF, it sounds absolutely horrid {cry}

I've not had it either I'm afraid, but have looked after patients who have had surgery to try and sort it out.

Really hope you're feeling better soon {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
honeyfudge
Lively Laner

Post by honeyfudge »

thanks everyone, {hug}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

It is horrible - had it once. It came on when we were in London and even if I was sitting down I was wildly dizzy. Horrible. I was given a course of ABs which seemed to do the trick eventually if I remember rightly, although I seem to remember the doc saying it may not do it. I was lucky as that was several years ago and it has not recurred since.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com