reasons to be cheerful!

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
gromit
Lively Laner

reasons to be cheerful!

Post by gromit »

I sat here in my armchair on my laptop browsing away as I do every morning catching up with the world and this came up on my screen

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/gallery/ ... 77&index=4"

first of all I am eternally grateful that I live where I do, have what I have, am reasonably secure and I am only hungry or thirsty through choice.

and secondly global warming does matter, especially if you live in Pakistan and have been flooded once more, even if your carbon footprint is so small it hardly counts in the greater scheme of things.

How would I cope in their situation, I don't know if I could, must walk, cycle and go without just a little bit more.

OK I'll put me soapbox away now :oops:
How did I ever find the time to go to work
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: reasons to be cheerful!

Post by ChrisG »

Thank you for that reminder.

I find that people often think 'what can I do - it would be so little that it wont make any difference' and so they do nothing. But those little bits all add up and if we all did just a little, it could have a huge impact.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: reasons to be cheerful!

Post by Annie »

You are right Grommit , we need to remember just how lucky we are . Those with a faith may say in their prayers a thank you but the majority of us take so much for granted - human nature , it isnt a criticism - so thank you for this morning reminding me that although its pouring her today and I can't do what I had wanted to do today - I am one of the fortunate ones who can make a choice as to how I spend my day - not one of the desperate ones fighting for a morsel of food/kindness/peace.
Annie
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful