I plucked up courage to see Physio

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Re: I plucked up courage to see Physio

Post by wendy »

yes as said Physio's are not quite as bone crunching.
Last one I went to was when I broke my arm in two places last September. He was so good and it was back in working order before Christmas.
Kettlebells are lethal !. My son in law was on a course to teach people to use them and completely did most of the muscles in his arm :? Stick to dumbells and weights many repitions of smaller weights rather than a few huge weighs.
Get better soon. {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks everyone {hug} I'm very sore and sorry for myself today, but we'll get there I'm sure.

Wendy I'm not surprised to hear what happened to your son-in-law, blooming lethel things aren't they. I'll certainly not be doing that again and my physio is going to have a word with the gym management where I go.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

We use kettlebells where I work..or supposed to...I don't use them with my clients..I think they are lethal :?

Glad you will soon be on the mend :-D
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I don't blame you for not using them Lizzie {cry}

If I never see one again, it'll be too soon! )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

What are they supposed to do, and why are they bad? I'd not heard of them so I googled a picture.
I'm not sure why people want to lift anything they don't need to.
Take care of yourself Benny {hug} , how about some nice gentle country dancing for excersise. Mind you we were talking about Morris ,mens knees last night.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
ock

Post by ock »

Mo wrote:What are they supposed to do, and why are they bad? I'd not heard of them so I googled a picture.
I'm not sure why people want to lift anything they don't need to.
Take care of yourself Benny {hug} , how about some nice gentle country dancing for excersise. Mind you we were talking about Morris ,mens knees last night.

they are just another method of weight training, really outdated if you ask me, if all these other methods that you see coming up and new machines being advertised were so good why don`t professional bobybuilders use them +confused+ , if you wanna get big and put size on lift heavy, this`ll tear muscle fibres and when they rebuild themselves, they rebuild bigger to help you to lift the weight next time, but it you want to stay the same size but tone and shape the muscle, go for lighter weights and high reps )t' )t'

hope your back feels a lot better soon Benny {hug}
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thanks Mo and Ock {hug}

I just fancied having a go at something different that was all, but I'll never look at another kettlebell ever again! {cry}

I'd join in with your dancing Mo if I lived nearer.

Anyhow we're celebrating now - the All Blacks have just won the World Cup, Yay! )hic( )c(
Bev x

Livvy Lum
Lively Laner

Post by Livvy Lum »

Those kettlebells seemed to become quite "trendy" recently following that programme on ITV, The Biggest Loser. The personal trainers on there seemed to use them quite alot. Some of the contestants on there were rather large and very unfit and I often used to think, my goodness, someone looks like there going to do themselves a mischief in a minute.
Hope your back is better soon Benny. Xx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Thank you Livvy.

Didn't see the programme, but like you say they can and do cause injury {cry}
Bev x

saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I’m not much of a fan of kettle bells, as Ock says there is loads of other stuff to use in the gym.
The rehab chappie today had me jogging on a trampet which was fun and you cn feel how much good it is doing you… :?
Bah Humbug
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

saint-spoon wrote:I’m not much of a fan of kettle bells, as Ock says there is loads of other stuff to use in the gym.
The rehab chappie today had me jogging on a trampet which was fun and you cn feel how much good it is doing you… :?

We got a trampette at work and they are brilliant..hard work but really good )t'

ock

Post by ock »

lizziedoggarden wrote:
saint-spoon wrote:I’m not much of a fan of kettle bells, as Ock says there is loads of other stuff to use in the gym.

We got a trampette at work and they are brilliant..hard work but really good )t'

do you use it to get stuff down off the table Lizzie {hug}
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

yike* yike*

And when did YOU see me at work?? Who told you? Oh the shame..never gonna live it down {cry}

Cheeky sod..not that little :b(