A....di products

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

A....di products

Post by Spreckly »

We have started doing half our shopping at A...di, and what they do not sell at Mr T's. I have bought the washing up liquid, though not started it yet, and this week bought the washing powder, non bio. Anyone else used them?

My neighbour has also recommended the meat, but we haven't ventured that far, though I have bought the cook in a bag salmon, it is out of this world.

Anyone any other recommendations? It is certainly cheaper than getting it all from Mr T's.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: A....di products

Post by ChrisG »

I find their veggies are far cheaper and of at least equal quality to the big stores, so always buy my veg there. Their range can sometimes be limited, but they are fantastic for the basics.

I have also bought jars of olives for 39p and they are really good, a free range chicken for a fiver, and their milk is only £1 for a four pint size. OH is fond of thick cut marmarlade (Chivers usually) but he really likes A.di's one.

At the moment, I only buy veg, milk, breakfast cereals and bread (freezer full of other stuff so dont need anything else). It is costing me just over £10 for a week's supply.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
perchy

Post by perchy »

We go to Al and di for alot of basics, I particularly go for the offers of fruit and veg some 39p upwards, and plan meals accordingly, their yoghurts and cheese are of good quality )t'

Lots of bargains to be had if you are in there at the right time )t'
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

We use their non bio washing liquid - it's the only one I can find that Alex isn't allergic to. We also use their dishwasher tablets, limescale remover (we're in a very hard water area) and pretty much all their cleaning stuff.

We also get a lot of our fruit and veg there if we don't get to the weekly market, Nick particularly likes their muesli and their strawberry jam recently won a Good Housekeeping taste test )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Ah yes, their jam, is heavenly. Much better than my last year's homemade marrow and ginger.

Shall eye up the cleaning products - need something better than As.....nish to clean my bathroom tiles.

They seem to listen to what customers ask for as well.

We have visitors tomorrow, and a quick dash to S.....s....rys while we were out this afternoon. My bill was over twelve pounds! Still it is a treat. Could have got a lot of it last Friday, but didn't know they were coming until last night.

We always try and do several visits to various places in one go.
Hellebore
Lively Laner

Post by Hellebore »

I always use thier 5-in1 dishwasher tablets as recommended by Good Housekeeping. The jams and marmalade are lovely. In fact everything we have had from them has been every bit as good as stuff from the large supermarkets. Haven't tried their meat though and a coleague tells me that their breakfast cereal isn't too good but we don't eat it so can't comment. I have also had some really good plants from them, much cheaper than the garden centres and just as good quality. :-D
Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Post by Essex Bird »

ive shopped with them for about 10 years now, what i save on basics gives me the extra to treat on different meat cuts at other stores etc but most of the time i dont need to visit others, i do the offer fruit and veg thing too and cook accordingly. most people either dont want to cook from scratch or dont have the time to, i dont understand how that is too much of a bother, i just load up the slow cooker in the morning and dinner is ready when i get home, yum!
I too have bought many plants there including, apple/pear/cherry trees, all soft fruit plants and seed packets.
The only thing i dont by there are the eggs, of course and it feels sooo good!
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

We have only got Mr T and Mr A here and much prefer Mr A. Their fruit and veg is far fresher than Mr T and their meat is superb. I've never had to take stuff back to Mr A as its gone off like I have with Mr T. Mr A do a superb flattened huge meatball. Its pork and spices and out of this world. Also their prices are far cheaper for the same thing, OK it might not have the fancy name but its the same. If our Mr T is the same price on an item they put a comparison ticket, and if its the same price so I will get it there as I can get points. As I say I prefer Mr A as its fresher and cheaper.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

Essex Bird wrote: The only thing i dont by there are the eggs, of course and it feels sooo good!

Can I ask why? (Unless you have hens I suppose). Hubby went out the other day with a list. On the list was free range eggs. He got them at Ald! because they were cheaper than M'sons.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Thank you thank you for this thread.
Last week I was despairing of the spiralling weekly shop bill. At the start of the year I fed us ,cleaned us, put petrol in the car for an amount that no longer covers the weekly shop nowadays . I have thought about a.ldi ,its a bit farther to travel but my concern was how many products would be up to standard and from your comments it sounds as if I would find good value by changing the way I shop and using them for everyday items . Going to give it a go next week )t'
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Annie, do give it a go, i did and I used to be a Mr S..berry girl, but mainly a Mr A girl now.

I love dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, and clothes wash liquid.
I too love the veg and fruit offers, pasta and passata (29p!!)

The thing i miss from the larger stores is things like fat free yoghurt for me and kids yoghurts, and things like lentils are not always in my store :?

I have a list of thing get from a 'big supermarket' so i don't forget and don't go popping in which is what spirals the cost up!!

Before i got my girls i did buy eggs there as they had free range.

But i shop there 80% of the time now )t'
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Post by Essex Bird »

RuthG wrote:
Essex Bird wrote: The only thing i dont by there are the eggs, of course and it feels sooo good!

Can I ask why? (Unless you have hens I suppose). Hubby went out the other day with a list. On the list was free range eggs. He got them at Ald! because they were cheaper than M'sons.

Yes i have my girls laying for me, sorry didnt mean to sound as if they were not good enough )t'
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Our nearest A.LDI is 15 miles away so that makes it a bit of a journey for a part shop , what does anyone think of LEEDL please ?
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Exactly the same and they have the same products
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Thanks Maggie , I have a couple of those much nearer )t'