Hedgepigs and bonfires

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Hedgepigs and bonfires

Post by seahorse »

Today we were going to have a bonfire of all the stuff cleared from the garden. The wind has brought down branches and the rest of the garden and borders have been tidied, we have quite a heap now and it was a good day for a burn up. Thing is ...there was a young hedgepig asleep on the top :shock: With the help of Felix and the colonel (they are always on hand) I lifted it up , checked it was ok and put it in the Alpaca shelter with some dry leaves and cat food in a bowl. I think it was just cold . Anyway, later I went back to check on it and it was gone, there is a large thick conifer hedge nearby so I hope it finished it's nap under there (f+ . Its always a good thing to check piles of vegetation , as these little critters love a nap in the leaves. :-D
Looove chucks!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes, by Nov 5th they may be thinking they've found somewhere good to snuggle down in for the winter, especially if the fire has been collected over a while.