corgi-gettes!

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
mrs giles
Learner Laner

corgi-gettes!

Post by mrs giles »

Hundreds of them! Has anyone got any recipes other than ratta - whatsits, must learn how to spell that. I have only that or with garlic and butter - yummy but gets boring afdter the first 100 times, honey and ginger works too, but out of 3 plants only this year, I must have had at least 200 - so far and they are still going strong - of the damn things!! I don´t like to freeze as they go soggy- yuk. Help. hate to wast them or give them all to my friends parrots. They do like them. Wonder if the hens do, anyone Know? )c+
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

corgi-gettes!

Post by AnnaB »

The girls do like them if they are a bit soggy - don't seem to go on the crisp ones.
Try typing into a search engine for recipes as I know there are loads, we usually freeze ours if there are too many but as you say they do go soft.
Best wishes with them
Anna
PK
Lively Laner

Post by PK »

I have suggested courgette chutney:-
http://www.downthelane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=601

Jamie Oliver's current series had an episode on courgettes. You could look at his website for recipes.

I give the overgrown ones to the chickens. If you cut them in half they hollow them out and just leave the skin.
ged
Lively Laner

courgettes

Post by ged »

:mrgreen: Hi there,
you can slice them lengthwise into pieces and pickle 'em!
atb
ged )c+
'Ask not what can your Country do for you,rather,What can you do for your Country'
John F Kennedy
Service before self,
Strength and honour.
mrs giles
Learner Laner

Post by mrs giles »

thaks for all the info, I am busy wading my way through recipes on the net at the moment ^b: I shall treat the girls with some cut in half tomorrow, they´ve had cabbage leaves today )t' A friend gave me recipe for freezer pickle but not tried it yet, it has to be left for a few weeks before eating but the chutney sounds good as I make lots of chutney´s. Thanks again :-D
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

corgi-gettes!

Post by AnnaB »

Today's Telegraph
J.Oliver (don't rate him - personal view) has some recipes for courgettes also how to plant and care for them.
One looks interesting Courgettes and Pasta
manda

Post by manda »

I like them with fried onions and a cheese sauce, bit of cheese on top and then put into the oven..yum ~ haevnt had that for a while...think we'll have that tomorrow.
Manda