Your Moisturizer

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Your Moisturizer

Post by Lillia »

The end of last summer, I started researching coconut oil.
The reason is because I started hearing so many great things about it, here and there.

Free radicals are what ages us and causes wrinkles (and cancer). I learned that most moisturizers contain quite a few free radicals because the oils used, are processed.
So...your lotion, or moisturizer helps temporarily, until the water that your skin absorbed evaporates. In the end, you may be causing more wrinkles and permanent damage.

I started using coconut oil, about 6 months ago (I haven't used store-bought moisturizer for 5 years).
The molecules in c.oil allow for easy absorbtion. It also actually repairs cells.
I love it. At first it feels very oily but it does absorb so well and leaves your skin so soft. You don't need much at all; it goes a long way.
I really believe it helps fight wrinkles!

My husband has a couple little dry patches on his cheeks...he was hesitant to use it but tried it out. He needed only a pin head size amount and he was amazed at how the oiliness just vanished, leaving the dry patches soft.

and....it's very cheap.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Your Moisturizer

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I use coconut oil quite often as well )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I visited a naturopath some years since, who put me on a fat free diet, and advised using almond oil for my skin. I must say, I now use A...on products. But your recommendation is well worth a try Lillia.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Another fab tip, thank you Lillia )t' :-D

Where do you get yours from?
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:I use coconut oil quite often as well )t'

You can't go wrong with 'natural', in my opinion~
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:I visited a naturopath some years since, who put me on a fat free diet, and advised using almond oil for my skin. I must say, I now use A...on products. But your recommendation is well worth a try Lillia.

@von has some good things, I agree, like the @new. I have the concealer. I was born with dark circles under my eyes and occasionally, I do use it :-D
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Does it make your skin really oily, i have really oily skin at best? xx
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Benny&Co wrote:Another fab tip, thank you Lillia )t' :-D

Where do you get yours from?

Thank you, Bev
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

boosmummy wrote:Does it make your skin really oily, i have really oily skin at best? xx

Use very little...at first it feels oily but it does absorb very quickly~

It is suppose to be very good for acne too.
http://blogcil.com/2012/coconut-oil-acn ... blems.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"......So, how does the coconut oil acne work, anyway? The coconut oil skin contains substance that are said to be great antimicrobial agents, the Lauric acid and the Capric acid. These substances are also found in mother’s milk that will protect babies from any infections. When the oil is applied to the skin, the microbes – the good micro bacteria – on the substance can protect the skin by getting rid of the bacteria and germs, including getting rid of acne scars......"
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I shall try and get coconut oil when we next go into town, which is just under two weeks, but I wonder, Lillia, do you use a natural product as a cleanser? Again I use A...on Solutions, which is brilliant, but I do prefer natural.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:I shall try and get coconut oil when we next go into town, which is just under two weeks, but I wonder, Lillia, do you use a natural product as a cleanser? Again I use A...on Solutions, which is brilliant, but I do prefer natural.

Hmmmm....Spreckly, I wash my face with a mixture of powdered milk and cornmeal and honey and a bit of olive oil. It gets your face very clean, even though' there is no soap there. I don't hve any spots or blackheads.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Oh, and if you use this, be sure to tie your hair back! It leaves your face unbelievably smooth. I do need to moisturize right after though. I have skin a bit on the dry side.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Lillia wrote:
Spreckly wrote:I shall try and get coconut oil when we next go into town, which is just under two weeks, but I wonder, Lillia, do you use a natural product as a cleanser? Again I use A...on Solutions, which is brilliant, but I do prefer natural.

Hmmmm....Spreckly, I wash my face with a mixture of powdered milk and cornmeal and honey and a bit of olive oil. It gets your face very clean, even though' there is no soap there. I don't hve any spots or blackheads.

Thanks, Lillia. Cornmeal, I have heard of it, but have never seen any. Powdered milk, honey and olive oil I already have. I have not used soap on my face for many years. My Mother always just used water, and her skin was beautiful - she only ever powdered her nose, to stop the shine!
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:

Thanks, Lillia. Cornmeal, I have heard of it, but have never seen any. Powdered milk, honey and olive oil I already have. I have not used soap on my face for many years. My Mother always just used water, and her skin was beautiful - she only ever powdered her nose, to stop the shine!

Try corn flour...really you only need that a couple times a month. It gets rid of dead skin cells and makes your face glow.
I really try never to wear much makeup. I use concealer under my eyes and powder, as well, and a bit of lipstick, mostly natural shades, but only sometimes.
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

hello Lillia,

where do you get the oil from please?
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.