Losing a little more weight?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Losing a little more weight?

Post by Benny&Co »

Could you pop along to your local chemist or boooots to get weighed Lisa? :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I absolutely hate weighing myself, Bev, that's pretty much the reason we don't have scales in the house as I would constantly weigh myself and try to knock a few pounds off every week, and feel awful when I gained, I only ever do it when I have too, and that is at hospital, and even then you can see how crappy it's made me feel {rofwl}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Awww - don't let it make you feel bad. {hug}

I can't believe the difference in scales at the hospital your Nan went to - a stone? yike*
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I knoww! It's at the same hospital too, but she can go to one appointment one week and one the next and one of them is always a half a stone - stone out!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Lisa if you have a concern about your weight and you are not confident that the reading was taken correctly at the hospital, then just grit your teeth and get an appointment at the GP's for the nurse to weigh you - its going to take 5 mins out of your life and probably give you peace of mind.
If you are wanting to loose a bit more weight because YOU feel you need to , then don't just look at what you eat but also how you eat, there are tricks you can learn that when applied help in weight loss.
Stop eating when you actually start to feel full - not when all the food on the plate has gone - you will soon know what amount to plate up each mealtime.
Use a pudding size plate instead of a full dinner plate , that way if you are using smaller amounts its still looks like a plateful - you have to trick your eyes sometimes. We all know the benefit of a meal that looks appetising with mixes of colour and textures as opposed to a plate of boring stodge - appetite and digestion starts with the eyes .
Eat more slowly for example don't load your fork with food until the last mouthful has been eaten (I know you aren't a greedy person but its easy to rush through a meal, most of us are so busy ,eating becomes another thing to be done asap so we can get on with the next thing)
I know all that sounds a bit old fogeyish but anything that may help a bit , eh Lisa ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Yeah, I do need an appointment with my nurse anyway Annie so I think I'll ask her to weigh me :)
Thing is, is I really don't eat a lot, I rarely finish a plateful, unless it's a small amount of food, and I don't eat after I start feeling full, I hate feeling full. I do have days where I'm just a bit fed up and eat a little more, but it's never a lot, and the day after I feel guilty and force myself to exercise through the pain.
I don't think I'm overweight, I think a size 10 is average for my height and age? But when you're told you weigh 12 stone is does sort of make you think maybe you're not seeing something.
I personally would like to get down to a size 8 again like I used to be, but I don't know how to do it when I can't exercise daily, I really can't cut much more food out :?
I don't even know how I did it last time, but I am on "girl tablets" {rofwl} , maybe they do have something to do with it? :?
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

The thing is Lisa you are not Miss Average (whatever that means) but Lisa, a very one off person not at all average but in fact very much special. Don't try to fit a bill that doesn't necessarily take into accounts things that make life a bit more difficult for you - Miss Average won't have your particular health concerns for a start off, will she ? Try to be realistic with your aim , if you can't exercise the way you did when a size 8 then be a gorgeous size 10 0r 12 ( I know I wish I could aim for that but way too late for me). Ever thought about dancing - there are so many styles being taught that I am sure you could find one to suit you fitness level - from belly dancing (with or without the belly) to Latin , there ought to be one that may help. You always feel good after moving to music - choose one maybe Mum would be happy giving a go at - could be fun.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Hi

My mum has arthritis and her medication makes her put on weight. She actually finds swimming good and goes twice a week and also goes for walks. She has just retired so has bought herself a wii fit to keep her active!

I can recommend slimming world, i've been going for 10 weeks now and have lost 1 1/2 stone. :-D
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

But I was a size 8 like 3 years ago, I still had these problems and pretty much got to that size from healthy eating (I didn't even have the dogs then so wasn't even walking every day).
I don't think my body would cope with dancing, and there's no chance my mum would come with me :?

Ooo I didn't think about a wii fit, may save up!
And that's brill, tamk! Well done!
Littlemisskatie
Lively Laner

Post by Littlemisskatie »

Hey Lisa, Have a look at the message i just left Ma Larkin on her topic about loosing weight at the top of the Fitness and Health section. It may interest you :-D
We dont stop playing because we grow old,
We grow old because we stop playing !!!
Funky chicken
Longlasting Laner

Post by Funky chicken »

[quote="LisaB"]But I was a size 8 like 3 years ago,
Hi Lisa, you were only 15, I believe from your profile, when you were a size 8, you are developing into a young woman. I really would advise eating a balanced diet and finding
Exercise that you can do, is the way forward. All the pics we have seen of you show you to be a normal weight and lovely looking, I agree from what you have written the size/weight you've been given does not seem right though I would advise not to get too hung up on the numbers.
Xxx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Just read your post Katie, a big well done to you! I will keep an eye out for that book, sounds magic! haha!

I've not changed since I was 15 though, I've not grown (actually shrunk :shock: ), I've just got chunkier.
I try not to get hung up on numbers, but when you're out and all your friends are slimmer than you it really does take its toll.
Littlemisskatie
Lively Laner

Post by Littlemisskatie »

Hey Lisa, Its worth buying, if it doesnt help you then you can always re-sell it or give it to someone else, but to be honest everyone I have given it to has started losing weight (4 people so far). I know what you mean about going out and everyone being slimmer, I have gone through this my whole life, and I know how upsetting and self conscious it can make you feel. Keep your chin up, your a beautiful person inside and out im sure, and the more you worry about it the worse you will feel. Always here if you ever need to talk xx {hug}
We dont stop playing because we grow old,
We grow old because we stop playing !!!
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Aww thank you so so much {hug}
I have come to realize that I do eat more when things in my life are going a bit crappy, but around christmas I ate nothing because I felt so so terrible, but now I just feel a little irritated and a bit down so I'm eating like a whale, I just can't stop! {rofwl}
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Well, I've just got back from the doctors, the nurse weighed me and I was 11stone on the dot. I'm now making sure there is no chocolate/sweets/cake in my diet at all, but I'm still allowing myself my cups of tea!
Other than that it's just going to be a super strict diet, and will try to have two or three vegan days each week.
I have a hospital appointment in 4 weeks so if they say I weigh over 11 stone I know not to trust their scales.

I know I've piled on in the passed two weeks though, boyfriend and I decided to split so have just felt really crappy so went and bought a load of junk food to cry into {rofwl} {rofwl}
But I'm okay now and feeling more positive about losing some weight!