A....di products

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
perchy

Re: A....di products

Post by perchy »

Tea towels from aldii they also have aprons and oven gloves in other colours too )t'

They need ironing Mrs B )w(
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I like the colours Perchy, not seen any in our A....di yesterday. How absorbent do you think they will be?
perchy

Post by perchy »

Spreckly wrote:I like the colours Perchy, not seen any in our A....di yesterday. How absorbent do you think they will be?

Once washed they will be ok, had some before, can't beat towelling though i think, it's the design that sold them to me +f+
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

OOoo Perchy they are pretty .. and they would look lovely in my caravan )t' .....

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28210"

pity we don't have an Aldi near us ! }hairout{
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just realised that my kitchen towels have hens on them!! I have had them for years and years. Don't ask for a photo, we are useless at uploading.
perchy

Post by perchy »

jannie wrote:OOoo Perchy they are pretty .. and they would look lovely in my caravan )t' .....

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

pity we don't have an Aldi near us ! }hairout{

If they have any more I will pick you some up and bring them to the picnic {hug}
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Perchy you are so lovely !! {hug&kiss} ... thankyou that would be great )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

jannie wrote:Perchy you are so lovely !! {hug&kiss} ... thankyou that would be great )t'

)t'
gromit
Lively Laner

Post by gromit »

We got one of there plastic covered strips of plants today a couple of plastic mini greehhouses wrapped round with card, poor spindly little things but they contained 6 geraniums and six fuschias for 3 .99, we will soon bring the plants back to life, looked like they had been in the dark for a week, but to get to the point, the plastic miniature greenhouses will be perfect for starting off early seadlings on the bedroom window ledge where the winter sun shines in but even better because the plug trays were so small, the bottom of the containers was packed and I mean packed with that moisture retaining gel, which isn't cheap to buy...our hanging baskets, and i reckon there was enough to do all of them, will be getting a treat.

I must say their bedding plants this year have been good and cheap, we have been buying them up and potting them on on the greenhouse ready to put out when or should I say if the weather warms up. It's been fluddy breezing on the east coast today, thank heavens we have a sheltered garden south facing, and to think we didn't even notice when we bought the house. Its in a terrace in red brick and you could keep polar bears on the front and grow peaches out the back, the other side of the street hate us, their back gardens are like refrigerators and the fronts are about 3 feet wide and catch the east winds. Ah well just the way of the world I guess.

Enough I am feeling brandy mellow and it's Sunday....off to me pit..nitol )wav(
How did I ever find the time to go to work
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

We got some good stong plastic coverd wire to raise height of fence but no more coming in {cry} Few weeks ago some grow bags had holes in so asked lovely manager if they would be reduced from 1.29each said i could have them for half price got last 11 some not damaged but he still only charged 79p each :-D Theirseeded batch loaf super looks brown better than wa*****ons stays fresh a week racer bars yum wash up liquid good blue fabric con nice smell washing gel gets our fithy horsey clothes clean .i could go on and on andon zzzzzzzzz Linda
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

and if you get the daily mail they have a £5 off a £35+ shop :-D
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thanks Bolly even better savings )t' Linda
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Just resurrecting this old thread to see if folks are still happy with Al-di and Li-dl?
I went to Al-di for some odds n'ends the other day and spent £9 when I got home I priced them online at tes-co and it would've cost £17! I'm impressed!
Am due to do a big family shop on Monday, any difference between Li-dl and Al-di? we have both nearby but not sure if one's better than the other :?
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Its swings and roundabouts. Over here I've found the special buys cheaper at Aldi than Lidyl. At the moment we've got cherries, melon,nectarines, peppers and toamatoes all at 79cents (about 65p) I get most things in Aldi their washing powder is fantastic (just as good as arial) Their frozen smoked haddock is really lovely.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

)t' thanks Maggie. Li-dl is closer so I might try there first and then al-di the shop after to compare the 2.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen