Losing a little more weight?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Re: Losing a little more weight?

Post by redd_angel55 »

Hi Lisa, just read your post with interest. I was a Slimming World consultant and many of my members used get obsessed with their scales. I always told them to get rid off them. No matter what weight you are now or if BMI charts tell you you weigh too much, as long as you like what you see in the mirror (and of course you are healthy with it!) ignore the scales!
At the end of the day you are the one that has to like what you see and feel happy!
Like Manda, I no longer get commision, but Slimming World do offer great eating plans with hardly any restrictions or meassuing. You definately won't have to go hungry either!

Angela x
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Glad you're feeling more positive Lisa and you got an accurate weight too.

As the others have said, so long as you're happy with what you see, that's all that matters {hug}

Do you like Ryvita's? I love them and whenever I fancy a snack, I'll have a few of them with cottage cheese on, or maybe some tuna etc :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks, Angela :)
But I'm really not happy when I look in the mirror, and feel quite embarrassed when I go shopping with friends and they're picking out 6s and 8s and I'm getting 10s and 12s :(

I do enjoy Ryvitas and Mackerel :D I get a bit sick of eating them though, I just can't find enough things that are nice with them :?
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oooh yum yum Lisa I love them with mackerel/sardine/tuna etc too )eat(

Here's some ideas of what I have...

*cheese (can be cottage/cream/or normal) with beetroot relish or beetroot
* salmon and cucumber
* roast vegetables (peppers/mushroom/squash/courgette/etc) done in the oven with a bit of olive oil/garlic/herbs
* squash and feta with beetroot
* Greek salad - feta/tom/cucumber/red onion
* mozzarella with tomato and basil

* baked camembert/garlic/rosemary - this isn't a really healthy option though!!

As for shopping with your friends, you have absolutely nothing to feel embarrassed about honey! If I lived nearer I'd take you shopping with me! {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Oh to be a size 10 or 12 :oops: :shock: envy}}
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Oooooo fantastic ideas there Bev! I just never think of stuff like that!
I'm going to start making home quiches more often too, just full of veg as I find them very filling )eat(
If I'm ever down your end Bev, we'll go shopping? :D

Aww, Lyn {hug}

I think my main problem is that I did used to be a sport addict, I've never really gotten over that I can't do it any more and just need something else to "control" sort of thing, not a day goes by when I don't miss doing sport {cry}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

LisaB wrote:
I think my main problem is that I did used to be a sport addict, I've never really gotten over that I can't do it any more and just need something else to "control" sort of thing, not a day goes by when I don't miss doing sport

Oh hun, it must be really difficult, especially as you used to enjoy sports so much. Have you been offered any counselling support regarding your condition?

There must be something that you can do which won't make you feel worse?
{hug} {hug}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh I just did another post Lisa and I've somehow deleted it!

Yes you come down here and we can hit the shops in London-ville for sure :-D

I was going to tell you of another Ryvita topping I like and I've only gone and clean forgotten what it was!! >dum< {rofwl}
Bev x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Nooo, I didn't get any counselling support?
I went to Hydro and physio but I just didn't really enjoy it and it made me feel worse.

Oooo let me know what it is when you remember!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Aww, do you feel you may benefit from some counselling?

If so, you can always ask your GP for a referral {hug}
Bev x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Naw, I don't think I would really.
I just miss sport, I don't think they'd be able to help with that haha!
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Well, I've managed a week with no junk food/potatoes/bread/pasta etc.
Just lived on veg, fruit, fish and some cereal (I do love my cereal).

I'm quite proud of myself, really :-D
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Well done Lisa! )c(
It's hard when you want to loose weight but movement is limited..but I know you'll do it..keep at it {hug} )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Lizzie {hug}
It's been over two weeks and I've stuck at it, I've been getting a few compliments too :-D

Although, it was a friend's 18th last night so we had a party at hers, suffering today so I had some crumpets and pizza :oops: :oops:
I also bought some ben and jerrys, but luckily it was disgusting so wont be eating that :-D
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

I've been following this thread recently, I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.

I'm currently taking 15mg of prednisolone a day, which is quite a high dose, I'm also having an 80mg intramuscular injection every six weeks of kennelog, both of which are steroids.

I'm having a very different problem to you though, losing weight! When rheumatoid arthritis is very active it increases metabolisim, resulting in weight loss, before you say lucky me, I'm 6 foot tall and currently weigh only 12 stone. No matter what I eat, the weight is dropping off.

Clothes don't fit me and I'm be beginning to look too thin.

It's no fun knowing you need to eat lots to maintain weight, when you physically can't eat anymore.

The steroids make you feel great though, I'm currently very active and sleep little. The last dr-ugs I took for five years (methotrexate) gave me constant flu
like symptoms, yup, feeling like you had flu, for five years.

Arthritis ain't fun }hairout{

Good luck with your battle.
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.