How to build a lightweight chicken run??

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
taffy1970
Lively Laner

How to build a lightweight chicken run??

Post by taffy1970 »

id love to build one of these for my girlies as they are Roaming at the moment (with me out also!!! ) and it would keep them safer through the day and protect my plants a bit more, since March they still dont realise that they have 110 feet to go and explore!!!! so id love the show them! id love to build a lightweight run, cheapest way possible that i can move about, any ideas anyone??? x
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: How to build a lightweight chicken run??

Post by Grannyof4 »

Sorry nobody has replied to you....very rude!!. I am not on at that time of the night. I am not into DIY however somewhere on the site there are lots of pictures and info on other members runs. I can't remember where it is but hopefully someone will come along and post the link. I appreciate it needs to be lightweight to move around but would not be very strong to keep the fox out.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

The thread is under chicken keeping, near the top. Good luck, I'm afraid I'm no use with DIY either but looking forward to hearing how you get on )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

Aviary panels!, you can buy them ready made, or if you or anyone you know is handy at DIY, then make them yourself! )t' ...
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

How many chickens do you have? When we started out, I thought that a movable run would be a good idea, but I think you'd need to move it pretty frequently if you wanted to keep grass growing. We've decided to build a walk-in-run from aviary panels (which are arriving on Monday!) - that will stay in the same place, until we move house, in which case, I hope it will be relatively easy to dismantle & reassemble.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

Grannyof4 wrote:Sorry nobody has replied to you....very rude!!

The OP started another thread late last night in chicken keeping asking the same question.

I answered at 8.08 this morning, my apologies for not answering sooner, between 11.30 last night and 7.30 this morning I was in bed, as 99% of people will be.
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.