Summer Project

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
vegalot
Lively Laner

Summer Project

Post by vegalot »

All being well, I'm hoping to build this over the summer months.

The plastic greenhouse that I'm using now, has a couple of problems which have resulted in the loss of a few seedlings ( poor things got shook to death) :oops:

I will have to buy most of the timber, can't find anyone willing to give away what I need )de: . But the glass is all recycled, the OH found a double glazing firm, who will supply and cut to size all of the glass I need and deliver it, all for the grand sum of a fiver :-D (although, I may have to wait a few weeks, for them to collect all the glass, since they smash it up if no-one wants it )
They have to pay to have all the old glass disposed of, so any he can get rid of, saves him cash and that works for me . )w(
If a man is alone in the garden and speaks, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Re: Summer Project

Post by Americanlady »

That looks really good, and nice that you are able to use glass rather than plastic. What are the overall dimensions of the building?
perchy

Post by perchy »

Looks really good, re-cycling is great isn't it )t'
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

What a great project and a really good deal on the glass )t' looking forward to seeing the progress.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
vegalot
Lively Laner

Post by vegalot »

Americanlady wrote:What are the overall dimensions of the building?

The interior size is 8' by 6' and its 7'6" high and I just realised I haven't drawn the roof vents in, :oops: oh well, back to the drawing board.

MissEllie wrote:a really good deal on the glass

It was the cost of the glass, that put me off building one.

perchy wrote: re-cycling is great isn't it

I love to re-cycle, it always amazes me the things folk throw away/don't want, I have just brought some glass 'rocks' back from one place, should look good in my graveled area. :-D
If a man is alone in the garden and speaks, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?