Your Moisturizer

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Re: Your Moisturizer

Post by wendy »

For all over moisturiser I use baby oil, just the supermarkets make.

I take my make up off with baby wipes and I use Stryvectin on my face.
Best thing I have used.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

Spreckly wrote:The pharmacy assistant in Te...co tried to flog me some cocoa butter and oil yesterday. I specifically said coconut oil. Will try in town at the end of next week.

they have it in H0lland & B but it's £14 quid in there. You shouldn't need to pay more than about £3 for it.
It'll be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

H...land and B are a tad expensive! We have no ethnic shops in any of the three towns we shop at, just such a rural area. Even the Polish shop has closed down.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:H...land and B are a tad expensive! We have no ethnic shops in any of the three towns we shop at, just such a rural area. Even the Polish shop has closed down.

Have you tried the world food aisles and places like @sd@ or S@insbury?
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Lillia wrote:
Spreckly wrote:H...land and B are a tad expensive! We have no ethnic shops in any of the three towns we shop at, just such a rural area. Even the Polish shop has closed down.

We have no Sainbury's in the vicinity, and our nearest Asda is very small, but thanks for the advice, Lillia. I had read about the world food aisles on another thread, and made a mental note of it.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:
Lillia wrote:

We have no Sainbury's in the vicinity, and our nearest Asda is very small, but thanks for the advice, Lillia. I had read about the world food aisles on another thread, and made a mental note of it.

Sorry, Spreckly~ I wish I could share mine with you. :-D
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

This morning, I have found some Coconut butter. I hope it will do the same as the oil. I bought two different makes, both costing 99p from the Bodycare Shop in town. 275 ml in one tub and 220 ml in the other.

I tried the World Food aisle in Mo.....ns, but nothing there.

Have put a small dab out of each tub on each cheek!

Lillia, will this be OK instead of the oil?
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:This morning, I have found some Coconut butter. I hope it will do the same as the oil. I bought two different makes, both costing 99p from the Bodycare Shop in town. 275 ml in one tub and 220 ml in the other.

I tried the World Food aisle in Mo.....ns, but nothing there.

Have put a small dab out of each tub on each cheek!

Lillia, will this be OK instead of the oil?

I'm sure it will suffice and has coconut oil in it. My concern is additives. This is one reason I like the coconut oil, pure and natural. I would use it but still keep your eyes open for pure oil. :-D Did I mention my husband has been using it daily? He loves that it moisturizes but is not greasy or oily, once it is on. (He only uses it on the skin on his cheekbones that get dry.)
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I'm sure it will suffice and has coconut oil in it. My concern is additives. This is one reason I like the coconut oil, pure and natural. I would use it but still keep your eyes open for pure oil. :-D Did I mention my husband has been using it daily? He loves that it moisturizes but is not greasy or oily, once it is on. (He only uses it on the skin on his cheekbones that get dry.)[/quote]

Thanks for your advice, Lillia.
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

You can also buy it on line. have a google for coconoil
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

This morning I tried the Coconut Butter, the one for the face as well as the body. Almost immediately my fact started to tingle, so i washed it off straight away. Tried the other one, which says for the body, made by Inecto and it has not caused any problems. Will use the first one on the rest of me.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

A friend has tracked down Coconut oil in Boots, of all places, and got me some. I also went into our Boots today, and managed to get a tub. Apparently they have stocked it for years. Cost £2.50 ish.

I am amazed at the amount of moisturisers and body lotions on sale in shops now. We even spotted some Ponds Cream on the shelves. My Mother used it in the 1950's, I had no idea it was still being produced.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:A friend has tracked down Coconut oil in Boots, of all places, and got me some. I also went into our Boots today, and managed to get a tub. Apparently they have stocked it for years. Cost £2.50 ish.

I am amazed at the amount of moisturisers and body lotions on sale in shops now. We even spotted some Ponds Cream on the shelves. My Mother used it in the 1950's, I had no idea it was still being produced.

You found some, Spreckly! The price is amazing too when you think of the price of moisturizers. Yes, I used to use Ponds. :-D
Nefertari
Longlasting Laner

Post by Nefertari »

Hi,

i was in B00ts yesterday and found it too, but it's only 100gm for that price. In t3sco today i found the bigger pot for about £5. It is by the olive oils etc
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

Has anyone been using this over the last couple of weeks since this thread? How has it worked out?

It seems it can be used as a hair conditioner too - would that be as a deep conditioner you might do once a month, or as a general conditioner weekly or even daily (for those who wash their hair daily)?
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best