Liquid cellophane craft

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Willow
Legendary Laner

Liquid cellophane craft

Post by Willow »

When I was little I was given a craft set for making flowers out of wire you shaped into petal / leaf shapes and dipped into a coloured, clear liquid. It formed a film spanning the shape you dipped into it. This would harden and form a cellophane like film..

I cant find anything similar now, any ideas???
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Liquid cellophane craft

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Yes ... um ... fantasy something um... let me have a look & see what I can find...
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Ta Da!
(I haven't compared prices or anything - but I can recommend this company as being very reliable & helpful)
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Thank you... )t' )t' )t' Its called Fantasy Film xx
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
perchy

Post by perchy »

Kirsty Allsop did something similar at a craft fair, check out her series on 4OD )t'
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

perchy wrote:Kirsty Allsop did something similar at a craft fair, check out her series on 4OD )t'

Thats what reminded me Perchy, they used gelatine... but this is a more permanent stuff.. :-D

Albert Einstein
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

A craft show I went to last year was doing demo's - making flowers out of wire and the plastiky stuff they were really pretty .
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That looks such fun! I am not sure I have seen it before.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
CindyBell
Learner Laner

Post by CindyBell »

I know exactly what you're talking about. We used to make them in school at our social center. I wish that I could find out too. Love that stuff what ever it is. Back in the early 70's I believe it was.