Paul McKenna....I can make you thin

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Re: Paul McKenna....I can make you thin

Post by redd_angel55 »

{rofwl} ending up stick thin on a diet of chocolate....now that would be the ultimate thing wouldn't it?! )w(
Now that would be pushing it I think! In principle, it could work couldn't it? Am not going to try it though!
I decided, I'll have my chocolate fix to get it out of my system, BUT I'll not eat as much. Last night I really fancied chocolate, but didn't have any, so had a hot chocolate instead and that satisfied my cravings too!
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I don`t have the book but have been reading the posts and find it intruiging (sorry can`t spell that) so I ate my dinner very slowly last night (was trawling the forum at same time) and as I kept stopping to read bits it took ages to eat (stone cold last bits) and I did actually feel completely full up. So I might just get the book this weekend. Is the CD self hypnosis.
I have got Steve Millers latest book (fat families on TV man) on my kindle but have`nt read it yet. anybody got any thoughts on him and his methods.
manda

Post by manda »

Not sure about it being hypnosis as such (although there are a few times when there are two messages coming through ..like subliminal messaging)..but it's very relaxing (well it keeps sending me off to sleep {rofwl} )

He does say in the book if you do nothing else eat consciously (which comes down to eating slowly)...that does seem to really be the key because it enables everything else.

Redd in theory (although it might not be considered a balanced diet )grin2( ) you could eat chocolate and provided you followed the rules lose weight..not sure I would want to test the theory either ...although it might cure the chocolate urges...in which case it would be sensible wouldn't it? ...that is a sensible question ...maybe we should write to Paul +f+ )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

mrs boodles wrote:I have got Steve Millers latest book (fat families on TV man) on my kindle but have`nt read it yet. anybody got any thoughts on him and his methods.

Sorry, never even heard of Steve Miller. Never watched the program either :?
What are his methods?

Manda...we should invite him to join DTL! )t'
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

redd_angel55 wrote:I have one single big issue with this system.....CHOCOLATE!
I probably would have lost more last week, but looking back, I had far too much chocolate over the weekend.
How would you deal with it? Avoid it? Limit it (or please say, eat it til you are full LOL {rofwl} .....I wish!!!)

I used to eat loads of chocolate. I felt that as I was working hard, and long hours, I deserved a treat, every day. It's too easy to pop in a shop and pick up a bar or two or even three. It was becoming a substitute for proper food, no time to sit and eat, a choccy bar would keep me going. A quick fix of sugar if you like, though it didn't last long before I needed more.

Now I have more time to plan my eating. My relationship to chocolate has changed, now I view it as a once in a while treat. I have set myself rules. I don't go down the sweets, cakes, biscuits, fizzy drinks, and crisps aisles in the supermarkets, because I know I might cave in and something would find it's way into my trolley.

I ignore the confectionary displays at the tills, and resist the temptation to pick up a bar. I don't take money out with me if I am not specifically going shopping. I refuse to pay full price for confectionary, so that limits my intake to only buying reduced price, which I can't always find so I go without. I tell people not to buy me chocolate as a gift. I now view chocolate as being junk, not proper food, my body can survive without it. I have found other foods which I enjoy more, and are more healthy. So in answer to your question, the 'ignore', option works best for me.
Ilona
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Sounds like a good plan Ilona! )t'
Before I lost weight, chocolate was part of our evening routine for years!
Kids went to bed and out came the chocolate....lots of it I may add and every single night! We must have spend a fortune on chocolate every week! :?
I guess my body is still used to this habit and is "demanding" a chocolate fix?! I guess that's what the reason for my cravings is as the only time I get cravings is in the evenings.

redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

My weekly update and I am pleased to report, I lost 1.5lbs!
This week was really my first week of following the "rules" properly and really eating what I wanted instead of what I thought I should be eating!
Very liberating indeed!
I was absolutely adement that I wasn't brain washed by the diet industry, but after being a Slimming world member for 18 months and I was a consultant for them too, I clearly am! Syns and healthy extra's are still constantly in my mind, but I am sure it will get less as time goes on. At the moment I am still experimenting and my diet is not the healthiest one, but if I can lose weight after eating Panini's, chips, crumpets with butter, sandwiches with butter, chocolate ect.....do I really care? Nope! :-D

manda

Post by manda »

)c( )c( Well done Redd......it is liberating isn't? (and yet strangely confusing at the same time {rofwl} )
I must admit I haven't weighed myself this week..I forgot!! Does that mean I'm shrugging off the chains ?? I don't know but I'm going to try to not jump on the scales and see if I can leave it 2 weeks.

I must admit eating what I want when I want it hasn't been a problem {rofwl} actually I'm kind of fed up of eating junk that I'm now moving towards the healthier food but nto because I have to but because I want to...I wonder if this is because I'm listening to the CD every day and it's sinking in or if it's because it's no temptation if you can do it? :?
Hey either way it's an interesting experience (well it is for me anyway).

Eating slowly is still the challenge if I'm completely honest ....I'm so used to eating on the run - but I'm working at it.[youtube][/youtube]
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Well...this past week didn't go too well! Binged quite a few times and certainly didn't stop when I was full!
Result: +1.5lbs!
Ah well, I know why and I am not going to beat myself up over it! Drawn a line and back on track now!
Most annoying thing, I advised my daughter to follow Paul McKenna and she lost 11.5lbs in 2weeks! Green with envy or what LOL

manda

Post by manda »

I am not gong to weigh myself...I am not going to weigh myself....I am not ...... )grin2(

I want to leave it 2 weeks so I can get a handle of this...I must admit I'm heading back towards healthier options I'm getting fed up of just eating what I want now...I reckon that's how it works it takes all the stigma out of it...well seems how it's going for me at the moment anyway :?
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

I wrote the hungerscale and the 4 golden rules on a piece of paper and I am going to look at it every time I think I am hungry and while I am eating. I still need to be reminded to slow down, so I am hoping seeing it in front of me will help.
I spoke to a Lady last week who's been following this system since last November and she said, she still has times when she eats too much too quickly! Lifetime habits really take time to break don't they? :?
She also mentioned that it took her about 2 months to go back to healthier food options once she explored the "eat what you really want-rule" to the extreme!
I can imagine that's quite normal!

redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Just a quick update:
I am still following the basics of this but without the NLP stuff. It bored me to death! I've stopped smoking 4 weeks ago and I dreaded gaining lots of weight. I am so pleased that after weighing myself this morning, I haven't gained AT ALL!
Quite surprised actually considering all the things I ate over the past 4 weeks! :-D

manda

Post by manda »

Well done Redd )app( )app( )app( )c(

I can honestly say that I haven't been following it !! )grin2( Iwill get back on it but I had the flu so have just eaten what I felt like when I felt like it..I've not gone near the scales!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Our daughter in law did this diet. She was very enthusiastic at first and lost a few pounds, but soon gave up and was back where she started. I've always been surprised at how little success she has with her diets considering how much exercise she does.

Only since they have been living with us have I realised how much food she consumes yike* What we consider a normal serving of food would just be a snack for her, so now I can see why she can't shift the weight and keep it off.
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Yep, there is usually a good reason for being overweight! Overeating is the main one!