new creations

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Pam
Learner Laner

new creations

Post by Pam »

I get great satisfaction from transforming something old into something new. One of my favourite hobbies is changing baby clothes into dolls clothes. Most newborn clothing is hardly worn and therefore mostly good as new. I cut and adapt one or two items and make a new one to fit the popular baby dolls. I have photos but unfortunately do not know how to post. Anyway have spent many happy hours adapting baby clothes to fit dolls belonging to the original babies.....if u see what i mean !
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Oooh thats a lovely hobby!! I'd love to be able to do that with one or two of Grace's "special" baby outfits, like the dress I brought her home in. I'm sure there are lots of very happy little girls around with very well-dressed baby dolls!!
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

Hi I do that as the early baby clothes fit all the well known dolls.I also search the sales racks as they work out much cheaper than dolls clothes.How they can charge£12.99 for one outfit astounds me.All Alices dolls are wearing her prem baby clothes so thay were good value for money
Karen
Pam
Learner Laner

Post by Pam »

Thanks for looking.... i learned now how to put on pictures ....think theyre a bit small but anyway so here goes....

.Image

Starting to cut the jumper size 0-3 months

More cutting

Finished

This one was originally a button jacket and pull on hat......0-3 months....

Before removing the collar, front fastenings and shortening sleeves

Before reducing in size

Finished.
Pam
Learner Laner

Post by Pam »

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's very skilful, Pam, and such a lovely way to keep your baby clothes forever, much better than leaving them in a drawer for years. Do you make your own clothes by any chance?

Ilona
)t'
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Wow thats really great!

Well done you! )t'

stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
thehenhouse
Lively Laner

Post by thehenhouse »

lovely idea.. and keep sake..Maggi, well done you )t'
Pam
Learner Laner

Post by Pam »

Thanks for all your encouragement. Llona, I've never really tried "proper dressmaking" apart from the compulsory apron which we had to make at school, which was pretty disastrous! :oops: I think I probably wouldnt enjoy it so much as i prefer working on a smaller scale plus would need large area for cutting out the fabric. No ....will stick with the baby clothes for now :)
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Post by essentialequine »

they look great. very impressed.