Tina's veg garden 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
davina112
Legendary Laner

Tina's veg garden 2012

Post by davina112 »

Well here goes,
I am clearly well behind yet again
I do have 3 lots of first early potatoes, I know quite a few people have posted that potatoes are cheap and so they are not growing thwm, but I have never yet bought any that taste as good as the one's I have grown.
I also have red and normal onion sets but havn't done anything with them.
I have ordered a mix of brassica plants which will be delivered March and can go straight out.
We have to make some changes to the growing area this year, as we didn't do too well last year due to the lovely ladies and the little gentleman EATING JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING }hairout{ }hairout{
So the plan is to build them a walk in run, which I didn't want to do as I love seeing them pottering around the garden, but either they are penned in and I get some veg or they get the veg.
I need to check what seeds I have and what I need to buy.
Hubby is going to finish putting the floor in the potting shed for me, can't wait to start using it.
I have read everyone's diary and I can't wait for the weather to change.
Good luck everone )t'
[center][/center]Davina
perchy

Re: Tina's veg garden 2012

Post by perchy »

I agree about the potatoes )eat( and the feel good factor they bring.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it all )t'
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

We're currently trying to decide whether we should pen in the chickens or the veggies :-D Good luck!
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Well it's been a nice day here in South Yorkshire, cold but sunny. Hubby has rotivated the veggie plots and the girls have helped spread the soil around. My neighbour has now got chooks, and between the 2 of us we have 13, and they free range between our 2 gardens. So the problem now is that if I pen my ladies in his will still be out and about, so will have to come up with a plan b.
[center][/center]Davina
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

perchy wrote:I agree about the potatoes )eat( and the feel good factor they bring.

Plus one, home grown potatoes if you have the room are well worth growing, I still get a buzz knowing that every veg on my plate I,ve grown myself, no matter how cheap or expensive they may be.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Hello folks
It's been a while since I posted. Been busy with life in general, attending a wedding, my sister visiting from oz and a holiday in sunny Florida. Anyway back now and managed to do some gardening yesterday. Will post some pics when I learn how to get them from my phone to my new iPad. Everyone's gardens look and sound fab. Davina
[center][/center]Davina
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

How fantastic, I have spotted a tiny tomato today.
I am going to try to pst some pics from my garden taken last week, wish me luck )t'
[center][/center]Davina
perchy

Post by perchy »

)c( )c(

I spotted some baby tomatoes too, you sound like you have had a lovey but busy time )t'
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

}hairout{ }hairout{ }hairout{ can't post pics.
Got the link and got my pics on photo bucket, got to the bits where I hover over the box I need to select copy from but can't get copy box up. Trying to do this from iPad, so no mouse }hairout{
[center][/center]Davina
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Think I might have cracked it, here goes

This is where the poly tunnel is going

(Link to photo removed on davinias request)
[center][/center]Davina
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

When I hover over the picture and get the list I click the last one, it flashes up copied really quick, then I just paste. Found it very hard on an ipad though.

This is my polytunnel, an old picture
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
vegalot
Lively Laner

Post by vegalot »

Davina, I have sent you a quick PM. :-D
If a man is alone in the garden and speaks, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Was hoping to get the poly tunnell partly up today, but yet again rain has stopped play }hairout{
[center][/center]Davina
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

I have just spotted 2 small courgettes )t'
[center][/center]Davina
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Well there does seem to be some progress in the garden, albeit slow. There are a few cherry toms now, no cucumbers though, yellow bird Squash looks impressive but fruit as yet very small
, just spotted very tiny broccoli, no cauliflower as yet, cabbage ok but not fab, given up on the peas and pulled them all up, beans at last moving with some flowers on. Raspberries
Doing good, but I have a poorly tooth and so dare not eat any as yet, as I am worried they will give me toothache (that's another post). Polly tunnel still not up as rain keeps holding the job up, difficult when you only get 1 day off work and it rains, but some progress has been made. And if I could figure out the pics thing from my iPad I would post }hairout{
[center][/center]Davina