More destruction than DIY

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Mrs B

More destruction than DIY

Post by Mrs B »

This cupboard really annoys me as it is so deep I have to climb on a chair to reach the stuff at the back {mr.angry} . I also LOATHE the kitchen units (the tiles are nice but don't match anything in the kitchen). I ripped two sections out to fit in my lovely range style cooker. This is the offending unit )loo(

Mr Beer was fiddling around in the garage with his push bikes so was not listening when I told him I needed a selection of screwdrivers so I could remove the cupboard. He gave me the tools so I got busy, maybe next time he will listen when I am talking {warn} .

I have a lovely distressed plate rack and corner open cupboard and will get a couple of shelves to match, BIL is going to fit the new bits for me.

If it looks good then I will rip out the other wall cupboards next time Mr Beer is down the pub. )t'
perchy

Re: More destruction than DIY

Post by perchy »

{rofwl}

You certainly did remove it, am sure it will look lovely when you have finished, and he may listen more now )t'
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I also disconnected he electric thingy unit at the top which fed into the under unit strip light. Sometimes I just get the bug and have to steam into action.

I even managed to get the unit down in one piece (took door off first though), I will save smashing it up until I am in a mood.

DIY I am rubbish at, can't draw a straight line with set square and spirit level but destruction I excel at.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

don't smash up the unit, freebay or something, someone will want it I expect. If not Mr Beer can put it up in the garage for Bike bits.
Bah Humbug
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

The garage houses 3 cycles, motorbike, big freezer and man junk there is no room for anything else SS. I am waiting for MrBeer to go to Milan again then I can brutally clear out. I will give unit to neighbours, they like junk.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Mrs B , I hate wall units always have done. My kitchen is nearly all drawer units and one big shelf above one worktop. The opposite side of the kitchen is an entertainment unit , Ikea white ,wipe clean ,no nonsense , baskets in some of the cubby holes . When I did away with wall units I did away with cupboard full of stuff that never gets used , gone by its sell by date by 10 years and horrible fluff.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I have to admit I am now itching to take down the other units. I will wait to see what the new bits look like when fitted first though.

Most people think I have a good kitchen until I make them study the units, every single piece is a different size and those corner things are awful. Clearly the previous owners bought bargain end of line units and cobbled everything together. The corner units are the only ones that dinner plates fit into, that is how bad it is. The utility room is much better though so I will not mess around with that.

All the new stuff will be wood of some sort. BIL will love doing it as he enjoys being creative instead of just fitting standard units.

WEll done Annie for ditching the junk, I have to admit I do hoard plastic containers in case they are useful :oops: