Dishwasher not taking in water

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Dishwasher not taking in water

Post by Tink »

Another problem...about a month ago our d/washer would not take in water although a short while after returned to normal.
Last night same again but still not working.
We have checked everthing we can. Checked filters are clean/clear, water float thingy, siphoned any surplus water out of bottom,in case water level to high, adjacent sink not blocked, pump fan was free.
Many thanks
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Re: Dishwasher not taking in water

Post by HappyBob »

Sorry your dishwashers not filling. I know you have checked the float is free, but it could be the float switch not making/breaking, the float switch controls the inlet valve. If this is working correctly then the next thing to check is that the inlet valve is operating.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Hi Happybob,
When I took the float cover off I only assume its free although to be honest have not much idea what I am looking at.There are a couple a small blue pipes one of which is an inverted U
shape alongside what I think is the float..
How do I find the inlet valve, does that mean getting the dishwasher out and opening the back ? This may be too much for our limited skills but we try so hard to have a go with little success as our posts on this section show }hairout{ :oops: :?
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Prob means pulling the machine out and the taking the back off. Have you still got the service manual that came with the machine Tink?, it may show where the various components are?, you may find it online. Good luck with it.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

We downloaded the manual and does not show any "internals". We are , I am afraid, on the route of getting a repair chap out.
Appreciate your advice folks.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Update -new dishwasher arriving in the morning. Chap came out and would cost over £100 squid so best option we thought was to start again ! It was the pump I think and also would take 3 weeks to arrive.
Hey hum, but also looking forward to it as we have big 1960's party )hic( )pty >ck< at the weekend when all we had was "hands that do dishes.............."
Thanks for your advice.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Glad its sorted in the end tink, I would have thought that the pump would be for emptying the dishwasher not for filling it. but as long as everyones happy. :-D :-D :-D
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Well got that all sorted and two days later the washer packed up which was a "Service"
which has now gone out of business }hairout{ }hairout{

Fingers crossed for the dryer............
Party was great >ck< )pty )hic( and dishwasher had a busy time.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Forgot to say ... my brother helped fix the shower base so getting ahead of the jobs?
(I hope) :-D
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

Post by 4 french hens »

Service and Inesit are now part of Hotpoint so parts should be available online.

Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.