Boiler issue

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
hel
Lively Laner

Boiler issue

Post by hel »

I'm hoping someone has an idea what may be wrong with my boiler. Every now and then the heating comes on and stays on, even though the thermostat in the hall is set low (about 15c) and the timer is off. Most of the time of you switch the boiler off at the wall it resets itself and is OK, but obviously it is wasting oil by staying on unneccesarrily. Any ideas as to the issue?
silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Boiler issue

Post by silverback »

Hi Hel, did your boiler come with a service manual when it was installed?, if not try going on the web with the make, model and problem, you could get an answer from there! )t' .
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
hel
Lively Laner

Post by hel »

Decided that this was an occasion where you need to spend a little out on a professional. Boiler needed a service anyway so asked them to have a look at the same time. Good guy our heating engineer, he told us the part to order and hubby has fitted it this morning, it was a microswitch in the valve.
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

)t' )t'
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Thanks for the update Hel, its nice to read what the problem was in the end. It could help other laners who may be experiencing the same problem, glad its sorted. )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap