How sad

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Stef
Legendary Laner

Re: How sad

Post by Stef »

I actually can't read the details, it makes me far, far too angry with so very, many people and agencies!

Basically how the @~ll did this poor girl get left to eat herself into such a state?
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

It's hard to believe she was on the 'at risk' register when she was 10 due to being overweight, so social services were well aware of her condition, yet seemed to have no real answer to her problem.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

Very sad, I cant imagine how she was allowed to destroy herself like that. Her parents should of stepped in with firmer support at a younger age {mr.angry}
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

baileysgnasha wrote:Very sad, I cant imagine how she was allowed to destroy herself like that. Her parents should of stepped in with firmer support at a younger age {mr.angry}

One of the things she has blamed is not getting over her father's death, but eating as a comfort. She was five years old at the time, so I suspect that it was in fact her mother who dealt with the situation badly and to stop her crying may well have shoved food in her direction - well, more food, not just food, because she was already overweight when she was two ro three years old, according to the second report and the photo shown of her as a toddler. SS should have taught her mother what constitutes a healthy diet and taught her to prepare healthy meals - her mother's view of 'healthy' was fish and chips, just so long as they didnt come from the chip shop, but were oven chips and the fish came from Iceland :?

Unfortunately, there are more and more people who dont know what they ought to eat, or the quantities they ought to eat them in - restaurants pile plates ever higher in an attempt to prove 'value for money', burgers etc are far too easy to eat - loaded with calories (and not much else), yet leave you ready to eat a meal directly after. I read yesterday of a 40 st woman who thinks feeding her 8 month old babies McD burgers, fish and chips, and vegetables 'on a Sunday' means her babies are healthy! She cost the NHS £200,000 for delivery of the triplets (she is the heaviest woman ever to give birth to triplets), because they had to have many (I think it said 63) hospital staff as the team to assist her and made a delivery bed specially for her because their ordinary ones couldnt support her weight. Those babies are going to grow up overweight and not knowing how to cook or what to eat. The mother said she knows how to prepare instant mashed potatoes and can cook microwave meals! eek - what are we teaching people these days??
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

A young life destroyed basically and youth gone, poor girl I feel very sorry for her.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

What a sad, sad story of a young life wasted.
I know that she is now classed as an adult and responsible for herself, but the damage had already been done, dare I say it, by her mum.
I can remember just last year, reading of a young person, taken into care for exactly the same reason. It had actually gone through the court as child abuse and mum was given the chance to put things right, but didn't. Maybe this should have been done here in this case. Looking at the pics, she was fat as a baby, so it has been an ongoing think. Mum by the way is 18st.
I honestly can't understand why a parent would inflict this onto their child. Maybe misguided love, but not a good enough excuse.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I've heard of similar cases in the past, and the issue is said to be co-dependence, when both sides are getting something out of the situation, psychologically speaking. In this case this is only speculation and may be way wide of the mark, but perhaps mum was struggling with the grief of bereavement and making up for it by creating ever-stronger ties with her daughter, or a cause for help and attention. I'm not sure that nutritional information and food labelling would quite cut it here - one look at her and her health problems would say that whatever they were doing wasn't working, and the issue has to be quantity as much as quality. I think it has to be a far more deep-seated problem with more complex origins. But I agree that the agencies have failed here and clearly the help given was incorrect, and with all the sadness for a youth wasted. I hope that she finds the right track and happiness.