Ock, you're going to like this one.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
saint-spoon

Ock, you're going to like this one.

Post by saint-spoon »

Yesterday morning in the gym I dropped a 10kg weight on my left foot whilst loading up the leg press machine thingy; what an idiot. Luckily it was one of the rubberised type weight disc things and it must have sort of hit my foot as it hit the ground so there doesn’t appear to be any lasting damage. I was hoping for a dead good bruise but none has been forthcoming. I was hobbling around all morning yesterday though. It blinking well hurt like made. I would not recommend such actions to anyone. That’ll learn me for trying to carry four at a time (two in each hand).
Bah Humbug
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Re: Ock, you're going to like this one.

Post by bluebell »

Gyms are dangerous places, S-S.

Hope you are OK? No bruise yet?
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ouch ouch ouch. {hug}

Yes Bluebell, they are. I was one of those idiots who came flying off the back of a running machine. )sh
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Ha ha, a few months ago I watched one of our Physical Training instructors do exactly the same thing… she shook herself off and looked around to check that no-one had seen but of course some of us had (ha ha ha evil larf).
Bah Humbug
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh no, ouchy ouch ouch MrSpoon, hope you're okay and it's not hurting so bad now {hug&kiss}

I do agree with Bluebell and Helen, gyms are very unhealthy places sometimes >dum<
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

And they say exercise is good for you!

{rofwl}
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Panteg Produce wrote:And they say exercise is good for you!

{rofwl}

{rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
ock

Post by ock »

haaaaahahaha you crazy fool you spoony {rofwl}

bummer about the bruise though, it`s the cuts and bruises that make it all worth while )t' , I`ve blood shot my eye a couple of times while lifting, that was well cool )t' , also tore my bowel a few times, that wasn`t so cool {cry} , and what the doctor did to me afterwards with his wriggley finger was defo not cool, not cool at all )gr:
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

I did three laps round my gym this morning. )t'

Next time I may even park the car and go in. )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
ock

Post by ock »

we`ve got a new machine in our gym, it`s fantastic )t' , be using it all week, think I over did it today on it though, was using it most of the afternoon, could really feel it working, but got to a stage when I really felt sick {cry} , fantastic machine though, does everthing )t' , crisps, milky ways, mars bars, kit kats, fizzy drinks ........
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

{rofwl}
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Now thats my idea of a good piece of gym equipment! )eat(
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

ock wrote:haaaaahahaha you crazy fool you spoony {rofwl}

bummer about the bruise though, it`s the cuts and bruises that make it all worth while I`ve blood shot my eye a couple of times while lifting, that was well cool , also tore my bowel a few times, that wasn`t so cool {cry} , and what the doctor did to me afterwards with his wriggley finger was defo not cool, not cool at all

Blimey Ock yike* see gyms really are bad for your health aren't they hey!!! What with what you did, MrSpoon did and my back injury lifting a 5kg kettlebell!!!! {rofwl}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

ock wrote:we`ve got a new machine in our gym, it`s fantastic )t' , be using it all week, think I over did it today on it though, was using it most of the afternoon, could really feel it working, but got to a stage when I really felt sick , fantastic machine though, does everthing )t' , crisps, milky ways, mars bars, kit kats, fizzy drinks ........

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Bev x