Help me and others to stop smoking

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
perchy

Re: Help me and others to stop smoking

Post by perchy »

AL37 wrote:Sorry I missed this earlier. I nipped to the corner shop for baccy. :oops: )run(

{rofwl} {rofwl}

Did you fetch mine?
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

AL37 wrote:Sorry I missed this earlier. I nipped to the corner shop for baccy. :oops: )run(

{warn}
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Sorry PP, I missed it.

I won't lie which I most probably good and you'd all think I'm wonderful.

I am smoking probably 5 - 10 a day. It's kind of a waiting game for exactly the right time.

It'll come I'm sure.

Signed an embarrassed Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Well, we're all rooting for you all, when you're ready )t' {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Richard wrote:Sorry PP, I missed it.

I won't lie which I most probably good and you'd all think I'm wonderful.

I am smoking probably 5 - 10 a day. It's kind of a waiting game for exactly the right time.

It'll come I'm sure.

Signed an embarrassed Richard )t'

Don't be embarrassed Rich I'm sure it's very hard and differant for every one , some seem to find it easier than others.I'm sure once the time is right you will quit for good as well.

)t'
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Mollybobs
Lively Laner

Post by Mollybobs »

Hello,

Just wondered how you were doing?

I think you might have tried it, but my son, who was a 20 a day addict has just about managed to quite by using an electronic cigarette. He tried two or three different brands before finding the right one for him, and puffs away quite merrily after a meal (or other key trigger points for him)!

I don't think people realise just how hard it is to quit - so well done for trying and trying again, and good luck for the future >gl<
sharon1
Lively Laner

Post by sharon1 »

I have been using electronic cigarettes for three weeks now, and I must admit I'm impressed. I have only had one proper ciggie when I ran out of charge on the electronic ciggie and I'm not kidding you, it tasted bl***y awful. I won't be going back, I'm converted. I was a 30 a day smoker, so thumbs up from me )t' )t' )t'
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

sharon1 wrote:I have been using electronic cigarettes for three weeks now, and I must admit I'm impressed. I have only had one proper ciggie when I ran out of charge on the electronic ciggie and I'm not kidding you, it tasted bl***y awful. I won't be going back, I'm converted. I was a 30 a day smoker, so thumbs up from me )t' )t' )t'

Well done )app(

I'm an exsmoker too and totally agree you have to find the right time and way to quit which works for you.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

I've finally stopped smoking! Woop woop....4weeks now! This must have been attempt 249 LOL. Usually didn't even last a day!
Smoked 30 a day and god, just add it up, it costs almost £34.000 in 10yrs!
Yes, definately, it's got to be the right time and you have to be well and truely ready to stop. Tried Champix, worked really well, but I had the worst depression, so stopped taking it and started smoking again. Tried just about everything else on the market, but no success.
This time I am on 16hr patches and the new Nicotine mist spray. I only use the spray a few times a day, more like a psycological crutch! I think it's the combination of patch and spray that did it for me. Each product on it's own didn't work for me.
Tried cutting down gradually, but because I knew I had cigarettes in the house, I always ended up having more then I should. Worst thing I found that thinking about having the next on dominated my day. Counting minutes til the next one.
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

redd_angel55 - well done you )t'

10 years ago my nan was told she had COPD, she was told about a year or so before this but being in her late 70's she didn't really understand or know what is was. It wasn't until she went into hospital for about the 5th time with a chest infection that the family found out she had COPD so mum explained to nan what COPD was, she came home chucked her cigs on the fire and begged me to stop so I tried my best.

I wasn't quite ready to give up smoking when I went to a pub and everyone else was smoking but about 9 years ago I put my last cigarette in my mouth and have not looked back since. I must admit I must be the world's most annoying ex-smoker as I now can't stand the smell of it!!
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Well done Tammy, 9yrs is a long time! Unfortunately I still like the smell of cigarettes and I can smell it from miles away! The other evening I followed a man down the road because he was smoking. I may add, I was walking our dog at the time and didn't just follow him :oops:
I can't wait for the day when I can't stand the smell anymore! >fi<
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I gave up smoking 12yrs ago, I was so lucky, that I managed to stop, although there was a bit of a fright factor as had terrible smokers cough and ended up coughing up a bit of blood and that did it , stopped there and then. Did not have any withdrawal symptoms apart from swallowing was so painful for about 2 weeks. I have COPD and was told by chest physician that if I had`nt stopped the illness would be a lot worse. if I knew all those years ago what I know now and how horrible I feel some days with COPD i would never have started smoking.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Sorry, I'm still on 5 or 6 a day.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

redd_angel55 wrote:Well done Tammy, 9yrs is a long time! Unfortunately I still like the smell of cigarettes and I can smell it from miles away! The other evening I followed a man down the road because he was smoking. I may add, I was walking our dog at the time and didn't just follow him :oops:
I can't wait for the day when I can't stand the smell anymore! >fi<

I now have an image of you following someone down the road sniffing the air as you walk! {rofwl}

I think it was about a year after I gave up that suddenly I couldn't stand the smell anymore. My sister is a smoker and I hate it when she gives me something from her house as I can smell the smoke, also that her clothes and hair smells of smoke - see I told you I have become the worlds worst ex-smoker!

Richard - when the time is right for you, you will do it {hug}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
sharon1
Lively Laner

Post by sharon1 »

Happy new year to all, haven't been on for a while, but just an update to let you all know, 6 months on and I'm still using the electronic ciggy and not touched a proper one since the very beginning, so as far as I'm concerned success )t' . just trying to get out of the habit of chewing on a bit of plastic now :-D