Basils not faulty now

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Basils not faulty now

Post by Linda S »

I have grown basil on and of for a while and was always disapointed with it growing just straight up tall and spindly, just 1 stalk and leaves.Icant remember who it was that put something on about pinching the top two leaves out to encourage better growth. Any way i thought i would give it a go and did it several times on some and i have now got a pot full of lovely bushy basil.So thankyou for the suggestion it was aq great sucsess )t' Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Basils not faulty now

Post by Annie »

Wasn't me {cry} but I like to grow Basil too ( so why didnt I this year) , I love the scent when you brush or pinch the leaves - if you grow tomatoes then Basil is an excellent companion in the greenhouse )t'
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I'm glad you're having success with basil now - love your thread title! Our basil is decidedly slow this year, despite pinching out.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks for the tip, my basil always turned out the same as yours Linda so will give this a go )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen