Weired ear!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Mad Chick

Weired ear!

Post by Mad Chick »

For days now my right ear has been playing up - I can hear and feel my pulse inside it. It sounds like an army is marching down a road and it doesn't stop, just this constant noisy beating. It's driving me crazy }hairout{

I don't think my ear is blocked. I think I can hear all right out of it, over the noise and no obvious signs of wax.

Any ideas? )hlp>
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
manda

Re: Weired ear!

Post by manda »

You could have an inner ear infection Lucy...the pulsing is called vascular tinnitus.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Manda beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing. I had noises in my ear and could hear and feel my pulse without much of an ear ache and that's what it was.

I tend to get an ear infection at least once a year and each time the ear will do something different but not as bad as when I was pregnant and both ear drums burst and hubby heard them pop from the other side of the room!!
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
wendy

Post by wendy »

I get that Lucy, it is so annoying. It usually last a day or so.
Sometimes I put those ear wax cleaner things in [I have American ones] can't think of the name.
I have always suffered with my ears, having tinnitus and now have a hearing aid I know how you feel.
{hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I think it sounds like an infection too Lucy.

The other year I had similar symptom to you and it was also like when you're coming into land on a plane, popping all the time.

My ENT nurse colleagues at the time had a good old look and it was all inflammed.

A course of sofradex sorted me out )t'

I remember saying to my GP at the time I was quite worried my ears were about to explode or something as we were about to go on a very long flight to NZ and Fiji {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I tried getting an appointment at the docs but it as it is a non emergency have been told I can't have one until next Monday! There's no pain or itching at all and I feel fine otherwise - just this pulsing and a general feeling of deafness.

I decided it was blocked with wax so went to the chemist and bought some drops which I've been using twice a day for two days now. I've also used some warm olive oil but haven't noticed any improvement yet.

My friend is a practise nurse and she's going to bring her otoscope home tomorrow and have a look for me and give it a syringe if it looks like it needs it )t'

I now have a lot more sympathy for my mum and her hearing aids! {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Late to the post, but my first thoughts were infection, for your to get that pulsing in your ear. Hope you are OK )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Hope your friend can get it sorted Lucy. >fi< It's rubbish having to wait a week for a doctors appointment, ours is the same }hairout{
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
wendy

Post by wendy »

Doctors are so annoying unless you are at deaths door, you have to wait a couple of weeks.
As I said I get this fairly often and it last a day or so. Sometimes just a few hours. So I doubt mine is an infection, just dodgy wax I think mine is.

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hope your friend can sort you out and you get some relief Lucy {hug}

I found something out recently.

You can speak to a GP if there are no appointments available, that same day - they have to be there to take/make calls after the surgery hours have finished.

I was in that boat too and asked to speak to GP - then low and behold, what happened - I got an appointment that afternoon.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Well my friend forgot to bring the thingy home from work with her but I have managed to get an earlier appointment for this afternoon so hopefully he'll be able to see what's going on in there >fi<

Although the pulsing is constant, it does seem worse in the evenings but maybe that's just because I'm relaxing and notice it more? It's still not what I would call painful but it definitely doesn't 'feel' right but can't quite explain how :?

Nick thinks it's the remnants of my brain dying off and falling out through my ear! )gr:
Lucy x

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Lucy have only seen this post today i hope you get sorted at the docs {hug} .Its awful having ear problems i feel for you i have Meniers disease and its torture when its bad.Your Nick is being very cheeky disrespecting the content of your brain how rude :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Glad you got an appointment today. Hope it gets sorted quickly. {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Ear all looked normal, no blockage, no wax, no sign of infection. He did a quick hearing test and that was OK too.

Then he took my blood pressure (which I do check on a home monitor and thought it was good) and it was too high. He asked me about my stress levels....

Bingo! Things have been very stressful lately with family problems and work overload but I thought I was coping well :?

I now have medication to take to help with the stress and hopefully our holiday in a few weeks time will help a bit further >fi<

I know we always say that our kids give us a headache, but now mine gives me an earache too )grin2(
Lucy x

wendy

Post by wendy »

Haha fancy asking any mother of teenagers, if she has stress.
I would think the answer was obvious )grin2(
Kick back and chill out Lucy. I am glad you have been and something is being sorted.