Slimming clubs

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Slimming clubs

Post by mrs boodles »

I desperately need to lose mega weight and can`t get going by myself. I lost weight with Slimming world about 6/7yrs ago but don`t fancy going back. Has anyone lost weight or know what weight watchers is like. I can`t stand being such a fatty any longer its really affecting health now.
saint-spoon

Re: Slimming clubs

Post by saint-spoon »

stivk with the SW in my opinion, I have seen it do wonders with folks and the routine has changed a lot since 7 years ago, theyhave easier to follow routines. remeber it is all about calouries absorbed and calourise burnt, you need to have less going in than you are using.
Bah Humbug
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Im doing slimming world and ive lost 6.5lb so far in three weeks (on week i maintained) I think, sw has changed a lot in the last years and its not as much red and green days anymore xx
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

Cambridge diet, my good lady lost 7 stones in as many months and is now a consultant for them.
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Steve valentine wrote:Cambridge diet, my good lady lost 7 stones in as many months and is now a consultant for them.

my goodness well done Mrs V!
Julie x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Lost weight with weight watchers and managed to keep it off for 11 years. But got stuck in a rut.
So joined SW after my holiday and had put some weight on, and found that very easy to follow. Now down to what I want to be
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

julieann wrote:
Steve valentine wrote:Cambridge diet, my good lady lost 7 stones in as many months and is now a consultant for them.

my goodness well done Mrs V!

Absolutely!
My BIL lost 5 stone on this diet, he's kept the weight off and has never looked better
Good luck whichever you choose {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Weight Watchers all the way for me. You have great meetings, brilliant on line board and all for less than £20 a month. You have all the tools on line to help you calculate your foods etc. If you want any more info PM me, obviously can't put too much on here
tortzblue
Lively Laner

Post by tortzblue »

WW gets a )t' from me too. I lost 2st a few yrs ago. BUT you must follow it properly as with all diets. I'm afraid I have slipped since leaving and put it back on plus :oops:
With WW, once you reach goal wt, you can go to meetings free as long you stay within 5lb (I think) of your goal wt. I will say the leader we had here was very good.
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

I am an ex slimming club consultant and I am sooooo anti diets now! They just don't work long term, which in reality is in the slimming industries favour! They benefit from repeat custom!
There are some great books out there which will open your eyes and give you a lot of "oh yes of course" moments. My favourite is called "beyond chocolate" and the "dont' go hungry diet". Well worth reading especially if like me you lost and gained all your life and are tired of it!
Good luck with what ever you decide to do!
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

West sussex is doing a incentive called Why Weight for overweight people. You get 12 vouchers which entitle you to attending a slimming club of your choice for free for the 12 weeks, they like you to ring up after 10weeks and tell them how you are getting on and you have a commitment to attend for those 12 weeks.
I started this with weight watchers on monday and I was not the only one taking up this offer. I just can`t do it by myself, and I know even more that I have to lose weight as found out today I have high cholestrol (basically falling apart).
I feel more positive in a group and looking forward to next meeting