Landshare

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Landshare

Post by essentialequine »

Just wondered if anyone else had signed up for this?

kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

What is it?
essentialequine
Lively Laner

whoops sorry link did not copy, will try again, could not see a bit for editing the post
http://landshare.channel4.com/what-best-describes-you
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Well I've read it and I would not sign up for it, and can't see why anyone else would. :?

Ilona
essentialequine
Lively Laner

Meanqueen, why? I think its a great idea, helping folk out.
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

hi (f+ (f+ (f+

i saw it last night on the tv i thought it was a good idea as i only have a small garden and would love to grow more veg,but then again i havent got a lot of time to keep up to much so maybe ill wait until i retire.

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

The idea is fine, but why would Channel 4 start this scheme? I assume it is national, it is going to take forever and a day to get enough people signed up, and then there might not be anybody in my street, before you know it next season will have come and gone. I have signed up for the odd scheme, nothing ever happens, get the odd email now and then, that's all, don't want any more junk emails.

I think this would work better if it is done on a local level, people organising meetings in their immediate area, neighbours getting together. It is probably not needed in my village because everyone seems to have substantial gardens, and we are getting some new allotments soon. I can see that it might work somewhere where they don't have much space. It needs a few friends to put together a leaflet to distribute around their area, asking people to come to a meeting in the village hall or where ever they meet, excuse for a pub get together maybe!

Ilona
essentialequine
Lively Laner

some very good points Iona, like the idea about going to the pub )t'
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I can see both sides of this.
A local thing is more likely to get off the ground if it's part of a national movement. Like the Hugh FW chicken thingy.
Or Neighbourhood Watch.

There is another scheme 'Veg Exchange for trading home grown produce. I looked at it but was a bit wary about putting a pin on the map that would show everyone exactly where I live. And there didn't seem to be many members.
essentialequine
Lively Laner

would need to have some veg to exchange first, never seem to have time for a veg plot but its on my list of too does, have started to cultivate a bit of our ground with every intention of geting the veg plot going (f+
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I've got loads of apples, but I thimk most people round here have, and it would need to be PYO cos I've picked the easy to reach ones.
And I'm not sure mine are beautiful enough to sell. They are 'organic' so don't look pretty.