tooth ache

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
julieann
Legendary Laner

tooth ache

Post by julieann »

I'm going to have to go to the dentist i have tooth ache that comes and goes. Its here now and its killing; I'm just waiting for painkillers to work {cry}
Julie x
Fellsider
Lively Laner

Re: tooth ache

Post by Fellsider »

Do you have a bit of clove oil Julieann? A bit of that on a cotton bud dabbed directly onto the gum around the tooth really does the trick.
Ruled by Henry, the miniature serama cockerel who thinks he is 10 feet tall.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Poor you {hug} the clove oil is a really good idea. Hope the painkillers kicked in, the best one for toothache is an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen along with paracetamol.
Hope the dentist gets it sorted
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Poor you - toothache is dreadful. {hug}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

Why do they call it tooth ache? Surely it should be called 'ahhhhhhg excruciating tooth pain!'?

Hope you get sorted soon )wav(
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

I took paracetamol but that didn't work on its own so i took ibruprofen too and that worked. It's been less severe today but I still had to take pain relief. I have a dental appointment at 10am tomorrow. I havent got any clove oil but might get some if the problem isn't resolved tomorrow......the way i feel i just want the tooth out. Its one where I alrea y have a cap; at least I think its that one, the pain just radiates right along the right side of my bottom jaw }hairout{ {cry}
Julie x
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Might be an abscess, they are just so painful, had too many myself and had to overcome my fear of dentists as pain was so bad. Hope you get it sorted tomorrow, sending you a hug. {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

hope you get it sorted quickly {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Poor you Julieann {cry} and hope you get on okay at the dentist {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Awww toothache is so horrible {hug} {hug}
hope the dentist manages to sort it out for you >fi<
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Went to the dentist today. It's not my capped tooth it's the one next to it. After an xray she said the tooth is dying. I had injections to numb, she then drilled it and put in 'medicine' to kill the nerve plus antibiotics. My choice was extraction or root canal, although I was advised that there was a very slim chance the tooth could be saved using the latter. So, on wednesday I'm having it removed....and I have to say I can't wait its sooooo sore.
Julie x
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh Julieann, so sorry - toothache is ghastly {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I'm glad to see your dentist has at least been honest about the chances of saving the tooth. From my own experience I think most dentists will try anything to save a tooth, despite them often not having the necessary equipment to do the job properly and all it does is put off having the tooth out. Hope it goes well for you {hug}
Lyn

Post by julieann »

Well what a week! i had the tooth out yesterday. It took the dentist ages to get it out and warned me that the cap on the next tooth might come off as so much pressure had to be applied to get the tooth out. She had to crack the tooth/root to prize it out. After leaving the surgery I went back to work and the darn cap fell out within an hour. I went back to the dentist today (different dentist) who told me that too much damage had been done and the cap had not only come off but part of the tooth, in fact there is only root left! He advised that a root canal probably wont work and the bit thats left is loose and it may be best to have it extracted, he said for me to think about what I want to do. I'm going on holiday on wednesday for two weeks and he said to take painkillers with me on holiday in case it begins to hurt, but to come back if it starts to hurt before I go and he will pull it out. He also asked if the other dentist had given me antibiotics after the extraction, I said no and he said if it bothers me before I go on holiday he will prescribe antibiotics. I asked if it would be a good idea to give me some as I'm going abroad in case it begins to hurt while I'm away, he said no.I am now wondering whether to just go and have the damaged tooth...well root....removed before I go away as he did say that a root canal was probably not going to work. Also I wonder if I should have to pay for the tooth they damaged to be removed; an xray before they took the original tooth out showed no decay in any other teeth, so it was clearly damaged during the first treatment. My head is buzzing; it wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't going away next week :?
Julie x