Wallpaper advice

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Mrs B

Wallpaper advice

Post by Mrs B »

Well after two years of hunting (not with any enthusiasm) I have found some wallpaper I like, Laura Ashley I should have gone there first }hairout{ .

I don't know how much to order though, the rolls are 10 M long and around 50cms wide but the pattern repeat is 73cms. I am now baffled. :?

The wall is 2.4M high and 4.2M wide and it is just the one wall to be papered

I would add I have just managed to make a big bleedy cut on my fingers just measuring the wall so I WILL be using my nice decorating man and not even attempt the job myself.
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Re: Wallpaper advice

Post by Steve valentine »

You should get three drops per roll. Allow one extra roll for just in case.

So, you should need 10 rolls, check if you can take any unused rolls back?
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

10 rolls on one wall????? I will stick to paint then.

Thanks Steve good job I checked as I was thinking 3 rolls, I am spending £200 just on one wall
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Funny I always do 4 strips to a roll unless its highly patterned. This might help

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates ... lpaper.jsp
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

That would have to be an awfully posh wall Mrs B ( still you are aren't you +f+ ) . I have decided to do one feature wall in our dining room but its a teeny bit like regency stripe with a self colour pattern on it ,not a big wall so I just got 3 rolls of the paper I like - if its not enough I will just put pics on that wall and shove the sideboard against it and paper round the rest {rofwl}

(not really)
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Kernow

Post by Kernow »

Steve valentine wrote:You should get three drops per roll. Allow one extra roll for just in case.

Blimey Steve do you get a lot of paper left over? I would have said 4 rolls at most possibly one roll to return
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Thanks folks, I fell in love with a silk wallpaper at Chatsworth House and this paper is the closest watch at a reasonable price. I asked Dad and he said 3 rolls with maybe 1 as a spare/return.
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

Kernow wrote:
Steve valentine wrote:You should get three drops per roll. Allow one extra roll for just in case.

Blimey Steve do you get a lot of paper left over? I would have said 4 rolls at most possibly one roll to return

Dunno, not papered for at least the last two houses, this one I've had all the walls skimmed and I've painted em :b(

After a re-think, perhaps 4 would be enough, got my calculations a little wrong....

Men, eh? {rofwl}
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Steve valentine wrote:After a re-think, perhaps 4 would be enough, got my calculations a little wrong....
Men, eh? {rofwl}

You thought I said 42m not 4.2m didn't you? I don't know I try to be frugal and you try to make me waste my cash.

Given the rolls are in the sale I will buy 4 to be doubly sure and in case of any cockerel ups. Beerless has a smaller room so he can manage with just 3 rolls and the pattern repeat is easier on his too.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Just make sure they are all from the same run, check batch numbers when you buy them.
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Yes Miss Barbara

I can't believe c o c k up gets censored to cockerel up, that is really funny
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

)t'

what cockerel have you been concerned about?
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!