Aching Joints

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jimslad
Learner Laner

Re: Aching Joints

Post by jimslad »

I am in the process of trying this at the moment ,and it seems to have helped me a wee bit , time will tell but it wont do any harm to try it.
ARTHRITIS:

Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot
water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of
cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis
can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the
Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors
treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon
Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast,
they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so
treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of
pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could
not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking
without pain.
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

Sorry jimslad, but I'm afraid that information is wrong, osteoarthritis is worn joints, so cannot be cured, or repaired, and there is no known cure for rheumatoid arthritis.

It may well relieve the pain ( although I doubt it is anything but the placebo effect, otherwise my rheumatologist would have advised me to try it, rather than spend 18k of the NHS's money on my next course of treatment ) but there is no cure.
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
jimslad
Learner Laner

Post by jimslad »

Ah well i only repeated what i had read , it seemed worth a try for me ,and eased my pain , or so i thought, but if it was no use then at least i enjoyed the trial.
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

jimslad wrote:Ah well i only repeated what i had read , it seemed worth a try for me ,and eased my pain , or so i thought, but if it was no use then at least i enjoyed the trial.

Sorry if my post sounded a little off, but everyone you speak to about arthritis is an expert and have you tried this or that, sometimes wears a little thin when they're paying a consultant 75k a year to help me :-D

And I'm grumpy when I'm in pain )gr:

{rofwl}
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
jimslad
Learner Laner

Post by jimslad »

Steve valentine wrote:
jimslad wrote:Ah well i only repeated what i had read , it seemed worth a try for me ,and eased my pain , or so i thought, but if it was no use then at least i enjoyed the trial.

Sorry if my post sounded a little off, but everyone you speak to about arthritis is an expert and have you tried this or that, sometimes wears a little thin when they're paying a consultant 75k a year to help me :-D

And I'm grumpy when I'm in pain )gr:

{rofwl}

No problem Steve )t' i know what pain is although i'm not as bad as some ,i lost a leg and a hand a few years ago when i stood on something ! but still get a fair bit aches and pains, from a limb i dont even have which is a real strange feeling.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

In my search to get relief from the pain in my knee from osteoarthritis I've started to use a tens machine and it's been more effective than any of the painkillers I've had from the doctors. I know it's not a cure and not for everyone, but up to now I've been very impressed with it. I'm very sceptical about these things but it has definately decreased the amount of pain and I'm walking better because of it. Just a thought for any other sufferers out there - I've only been using it for a few days so I dont know how long it will be effective for but up to now I'm surprised how effective it is at pain management - I'd been in tears with the pain every morning when I got out of bed until I "got going" and there is a significant difference since using the Tens.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Morning all

Well all bloods came back ok from the dr's yesterday, so thats good news. I have been taken off the Statins for now as he thinks that's what was causing alot of the pain. My hands and knees still hurt, but alot less than they did before. I do have to massive bruises on my arms from the blood they took though,(they could not get any blood out when they first tried) {cry}

I hope you all find some comfort for the aches and pains {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Glad you're feeling a bit better Bev, statins are great but can leave you feling pretty rubbish sometimes.
Julie - TENs can be really helpful for all sorts of pain, thats great its working well for you.

Sending a {hug} to all those suffering with aches and pains, its a bad time of year for it unfortunately. {cry}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Yes not feeling to bad, although my neck is very tence at the moment, which does bring on weird feeling heads :? My neck problesm that i have had for over 20 years, always seem worse when i am down. Pete says i need shooting (what an a..). Bless him he does have to put up with alot from me, and he never complains of his back which i know hurts all the time. My age does not help i suppose, and i hate the thought of winter coming.

Anways perhaps my week in Tenerife will do the trick. Lets hope it's sunny and warm there )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Poor you Bev {cry} and I feel sure that a nice bit of sunshine and warmth will help perk you up a bit and ease the aches and pains too. Big {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Hello laners

Well the only joint that is hurting at the moment is my neck! {rofwl} Mr stace says typical aint it! I think the neck pain is stress. I am falling apart i think {cry} I would just like to wake up in the morning feeling well once in a while, is that to much to ask? I am so unfit, when i come back from hoiday i am going to try Yoga i think, just start right from the beginning and see how that works out.
Bev xx

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

{hug} {hug} take care
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I have just done a search on Google for creaky necks etc. Up popped a post i did on here in April 2011. OMG Richard the google does good for the lane. I was gobsmacked :oops:

Time really does fly by, i really dont remember typing all that :?

But hey at least i know the syptoms i am getting now are the same i had 18 months ago, and i'm still here )c(

{hug}
Bev xx

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I think yoga will do you good Bev, make sure you mention to the teacher about your bits and bobs that are aching etc :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

Hi Stace, just a thought, The Colonel has to take Statins ( hereditery heart probs etc ) and was suffering from a lot of joint pain. The dr told him not to take it for a few weeks to see if things improved, and it did. So now he has been put on a lower dose Statin, which still does the job but he doesn't have so much pain, still some, but age I suppose has something to do with it, but it is improved.
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!