Members Pets and Wildlife Photo's (Not chickens!)

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
wendy

Re: Members Pets and Wildlife Photo's (Not chickens!)

Post by wendy »

Lovely.....
You parrot looks still a baby. How old is he/she ?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
MrsBirnie
Learner Laner

Post by MrsBirnie »

She is 10 months old, born Christmas Eve 2011, that pic was taken a good few months ago, her eyes have fairly brightened up, she has lost her beak fuzz now, and her beak is longer, she's such a character, can say a few diff variations of hello, mimics my house phone and mobile, does my ooooh noise, hasn't mastered any of the dog or cats noises, other than Jinnie's (dog) squeaky toy, and I am quite proud to say, to date, she doesn't make any horrendous noises, now I know this could change, but, all round she is an absolute pleasure, adores me, which is good, as my hubby got her for me, wanted one for like a decade, but never had the room, till we moved house, she also adores our dog, they pretty much tongue each other relentlessly, bless! She is currently chewing away on some willow...and chattering away!

Do you have CAG? :)
Kerry x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes her eyes give it away.
I have 2 african greys. Indiana is 12 and Coco 21.
I find them delightful, Can't say OH thinks the same. )grin2(

MrsBirnie
Learner Laner

Post by MrsBirnie »

Aww, lovely, do they both get along together? You had them since the were tiddlers? We have one at our pet shop, estimated at 25 years old-ish, been in the family since 1988, named Tomi, was Tommy, presumed she was a he, then one day 3 years ago she laid an egg, she too is such a character, very talented in her speech, but is a feirty with anything new or unfamiliar, chatters away all day, and distinctly knows when its 5pm, and goes into full swing :-D
Kerry x
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have had Indiana since she was 16 weeks and saw her weekly from a prickly little baby onwards. Coco I have had since she was 13 years old and she is a menace {rofwl} Chews everything... wallpaper, wood anything she can get her beak to. So she can only come out when supervised. Indiana is the perfect parrot and doesn't chew a thing. So when we walk in the door the cage is open, she is out most of the day. She is very good as when we say 'back to bed'. She trundles back to her cage.
As Indiana is young they have haven't had a great deal to do with each other and Coco has frightened the beejeesus out of her sometimes. But it is the mating season from October to January and this year the are being friendlier with each other. I would like to get them both in the same cage, but that may be just a dream. I do NOT want any eggs though, there are more than enough parrots in rescue's. If it gets that far I will have to remove the egg and put in a dummy one.

MrsBirnie
Learner Laner

Post by MrsBirnie »

Kingsley likes sitting on the coffee table fruit/nut bowl, and sits and plays with the nuts, trying her best to get into them, but no success yet, she can get the outer shells off, but not quite into them, and if she is not sitting there she is practising her flying skills round the living room, sitting on the back of the couch watching the birds outside, or demanding a head scratch, she is fascinated with anything red, including my toe nails, but she is a very gentle bird with me, not so much the hubby, she will tolerate him doing cage maintenance, and him being in the room, but he he gets too close she lunges at him, which is such a shame cos when we first got her in April, she loved us both, but slowly she started biting him harder and harder till it got too sore, so I do most of the work with her now, if I'm not home of an evening, he lets her out, just takes him longer to get her back into her cage.
A close friend of ours is the local bird/reptile vet, he took a tiny feather and sent it off for analysis, to find out if she was a she like I suspected, as it took me a good few years to get my head into calling Tomi at the shop a she, I still on occasion revert back to "who's a good boy" :oops:
Any tips on home made toys, or things for her to play with? She likes shredding willow, wood, paper, and card board. Our vet the friend is going to show me how to make these origami parcels to hide food into them, that his mum does for their grey, which apparently they love, always looking for new ways in which to keep my little lady happy :-D
Kerry x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Coco doesn't like my OH and will fly and attack him. We have taken all this time to have an uneasy peace. But she is out, they have a homemade tree, for a good 3/4 hours a day. I am hoping the more friendly she gets with Indiana she will be less interested in him. I call them both girls. But I haven't a clue.
Mine love parrot pinata's and anything made of raffea ect. I buy them from Northern Parrots. They have a lot of toys etc. They cost me a fortune in toys every 6/8 weeks.
Indiana has about 250 words, sings 'you are my sunshine' 'yankee dood1e' 'baa baa black sheep' 'old macdonald' But Coco is a great mimic of noises and whistles, although she does say a few words.
Do you have yours micro chipped ? both of mine are.

MrsBirnie
Learner Laner

Post by MrsBirnie »

We deal with Northern Parrots in the pet shop, get alot of stuff from them, waiting on some binky balls I think they're called, reccomended by a customer who comes in, she has a few diff parrots, and says they love them, worth a try, as I say, always looking for new ideas and toys for her.
250 words, wow! Kingsleys more of a mimic of noises just now, whistles, electronic stuff, she started saying hello, about 3 months ago, which I understand is really good for a grey, she also does 3 knocks/clicks, then says hello, like someone coming into the house, and kissy noises cos I always give her kisses :oops:
Not had her chipped, but it is something we are going to do, before next year, as we are building her an outdoor area, that will be attached to the garage window, she shouldn't escape, but never say never, and my dog and cats are chipped, so only right I get her chipped too.
Kerry x
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

My young lady Mayze cat didn't come home last night, {cry} I normally get them all in before dark. I waited until 12.30am but gave up looking and went to bed. No sign this morning either when I opened the back door at 7am. By 10am I had put the computer on and started making up a lost cat poster, with a photo, to stick on the lamp posts round here. At 10.30am the little madam strolled in and went straight to the food bowl. I wonder where she was all night, pity they can't speak.

I might let her out later, if she promises to come back. {rofwl}
Ilona
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

They dont half worry us dont they Ilona, im so glad shes back home none the worse for her exploits of the night, shes very pretty we have had girls those colours in the past.
The thing is at this time of year people are in and out of sheds and a nosey kitty can soon get locked in.
Our three have only been going out for about a month and stay in the garden so far, I always make them stay in after their tea though just in case they decide to wander off .
I couldn't imagine life without a cat in the house the least we have had is 1 and and wild one and the most is 5 plus one old man that adopted us :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

A couple of months age we got to the stage of phoning the neighbours as neither of us could remember seeing Pat for 24 hours (he comes and goes as he pleases, but is usually at the front door when our car comes home). "Can you check any sheds please" Then OH saw him in the field but being very cagey, never found out what had scared him.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Emu taken at Anna's Welsh Zoo isn't she gorgeous!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96468061@N03/9327137012/

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Chris Elliott
Learner Laner

Post by Chris Elliott »

I have a Silver Spotted Bengal named Stoker who is three years old now :-D The first piccy below is when he was six weeks old and the second piccy around a year old so he's grown a bit since that last photo.

He's a house cat but has escapaed on a few occasions and terrorised the chooks, he's super intellegent and does 'roll over' on command and kisses your mouth on command too {hug&kiss}

Stoker was born an only cat so had a lot of attention from his mum and all the milk he wanted. He's about 5kg now but super lean, when I first held him he sat in the palm of my hand. He's super vocal and never shuts up but I wouldn't change him for the world and he has the exact same green eyes his mum has :-D

ImageImageImage
wendy

Post by wendy »

What a beauty. )t'

animartco
Lively Laner

Post by animartco »

Hang on if I put som words in... no still can't find a browse for photos. Could you please explain how we put them up?