TV chefs, food and cooking programmes

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

TV chefs, food and cooking programmes

Post by Benny&Co »

As some of you know, I love my food - I spend a lot of time thinking about food, I love cooking and also watching food programmes too! )c+ )eat(

I have my favourites who I like to watch and try to recreate recipes.

I do like Nigella and was gutted when I found out last week that it's not all actually filmed in her home!! {rofwl}

Interestingly though, she made an ice cream concoction with fruit and meringue in there (part of her new Nigelissima programme) and then the following day I was watching Nigel Slater, an old one on Sky and guess what he made....... you guessed it - ice cream with meringue and fruit in there!

I really struggle to watch Jamie Oliver, don't know why but he makes my skin crawl!

Also can't stand Gordon when he's at it swearing although he was quite well behaved on that series that was on recently - I can recommend the pork/prawn meatballs by the way, they're scrummy!

I love some of the US food programmes, has anyone ever seen Dives-Diners-Dive Ins? Oh and Real Food - a lady by the name of Sunny makes some scrummy dishes.

Also love the Australian and New Zealand Masterchef type programmes as well, especially the NZ one as it's filmed in Auckland and brings back happy memories.

I could pretty much talk about food all day! {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: TV chefs, food and cooking programmes

Post by Benny&Co »

Forgot to say also, love Sunday Brunch on Channel 4 - I tend to record it and watch at leisure. That's not only cooking though I find it quite good all round :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I hate to say it about Nigela's programme, but 'all my friends' are Extras.

Richard :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Benny&Co wrote:I do like Nigella and was gutted when I found out last week that it's not all actually filmed in her home!!

That actually makes me feel a bit better. Now I can imagine her living in a grotty flat somewhere with a camping stove and no fridge. Ha! I bet she lives on chicken nuggets and oven chips really {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Sorry, but can`t stand her, it all seems pretty put on. Love Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, yes I am a great fan of british bake off. Can`t stand Mr. Ramsey, his mouth is foul.never fancied his food. Been watching Mr O and his 15 minute meals and they look quite scrummy, Love hairy bikers, (well the 2 on television, not hairy bikers generally) Really, like Hugh F.W. and the way he cooks.
When I watch a lot of these programmes I just want to cook and bake.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I like Clarrissa
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Loved Two fat ladies when they were both alive.

I love Hairy Bikers (saw hem in Derby when they toured, they were ace), Jamie and Diners Drive ins and Dives, quite like James Martin when he does a cookery show but don't like the morning show thing he does.

Not keen on Choccywccy as I don't like chocolate cake.

I have never believed any of the shows were filmed in real houses or with real friends.

I wish I looked as saucy as Nigella but when I put that much make up on I look like Pennywise from IT.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Hairy Bikers are toptastic, I like Ken Hom, Ching-he Huang (her an Ken did a thing across China recently which was fab), HFW, and Rick Stein… probably some others. I used to like Nigella but can’t be done with her these days.
Bah Humbug
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Oooh I forgot about Hugh, I liked him best when it was filmed at the cottage place.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

and I forgot Kieth Floyd... what a great TV chef. These days there are lots of the more famous chefs turning up our telly, I am just watching Raymond Blanc and you quite often see the likes of Michel Roux. they are often value for money.
Bah Humbug
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

My favourites are the Hairy Bikers - their food is always yum yum.

Been enjoying the Great British Bake off Masterclasses this week - really good and informative.

Nigella is too food p--banned.word-n for me - it's just so removed from any kind of reality that I know!

I always like Nigel Slater's recipes - altho he gets on my nerves a bit - his food is always simple but looks delicious.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Ohhh I just used a banned word sorry - trust me to get in trouble talking about food {rofwl}

I love Rick Stein too especially all the fishy stuff.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Ooohh Julie i am intrigued to see what the banned word was.

Now I can't abide Rick Stein, Beerless puts him on just to wind me up.

Keith Floyd is a legend.

Can anyone remember a cookery show possibly called Farmhouse Kitchen? I used to like that when I was young
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I just love cookery programmes. To me it is about the food and not necessarily the chef. Nigella annoys me intensely, however her new series is great and I have the book and done some of the recipes and they are scummy. I am not a pudding person but the rest of my tribe are and they are all here this week. I have made her hazelnut and chocolate cheesecake and the icream which has meringue and chocolate and coffee liqueur in it. If you want an easy meat one of hers, the pork loin which is stuffed with parma ham and oregano is to die for.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I'm another one who doesn't like nigella, I'm suspecting for the same reason as Julie if it begins with p and ends in n!!
I love the hairy bikers, Mary berry & Paul Hollywood and I'm enjoying Jamie's meals in 15 minutes at the moment. )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen