Treated Myself

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Treated Myself

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Decided to treat myself to some new tools and seeing as the tool shop was having a 20% off day I thought today was a good time to do it.
I got some F clamps, a drill press vice, a dovetail jig,a planer thicknesser, a drill press, a morticing machine and an oil filled radiator to keep me toasty warm in my soon to be finished workshop.
I can do mortice & tenons and dovetails by hand but thought that the machines would make jobs a bit quicker.
Not in any way frugal I know but I did get 20% off, so a little bit frugal :-D
Soon I'll be able to have a play )c(
Dom
Ali Woks My World
perchy

Re: Treated Myself

Post by perchy »

Wow, Ali is going to be so impressed with all the jobs you can do around the house, and of course you can make lovely coops to sell )t'
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

Woohoo! New tools! )c(

Where's the pictures? )gr:
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Err, they all sound lovely Dom >coc< I hope they came in pretty colours
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

When you said 'Treated Myself'. I thought you meant you had a bath in creosote {rofwl}

They all sound really impressive (and boys stuff). If you want to try them out I have 101 jobs that need doing. {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Don Roberto
Legendary Laner

Post by Don Roberto »

Good on yer, I'm sure you deserve it. One of the first things that I bought on my retirement, was a kreg jig it uses pocket hole screw technology, and makes some very strong joints. All of my benches were made with the kreg jig using 4" x 2" framing timber. A bench can be made in a little under 6 hours, they are very strong and are incredibly rigid. The kreg jig is not a cheap piece of kit and likewise the special square drive screw are fairly expensive, i.e. £90+ for the jig and associated kit and 250 x 63mm blu cote screws come in at about
£12.50, nevertheless they are a real confidence builder, allowing you to build some quite complicated joinery from the outset. Like yourself, I am really excited about my latest purchase, I have ordered an air compressor and a pair of nail guns for nails and staples, they arrive on Monday and I can hardly wait, I'm like a puppy quivering with anticipation.
Congratulations Dom, on your retirement, working over the Christmas period is now a thing of the past for both of us. I can't remember a Christmas that I didn't have some kind of duty and spending all day away from the family. Good luck with your woodworking and send us all lots of piccies of your new projects. Cheerio me deario....... )wav(
Treat each new day as if it were your last, because one day you will be right.