jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: Hip help please (Update)

Post by jannie »

Glad you're finally getting something done about it Helen! :-D
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I just kept hoping it wouldn't happen again, but it seems to be occurring more and more frequently }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well, after a bit of a disasterous start to physio at the hospital a couple of weeks back, (when I arrived to find she had been sent home sick) , I eventually had my first assessment last week. The only problem is that it has been really playing up again since, and properly went on Monday night for the first time since mid September. }hairout{

I went again yesterday and got shown exercises to do, but my physio has decided she wants an xray, so had to visit the health centre to request one from my gp, and have to go back to pick up the request, then back to the hospital again before my next appointment (next weds) :? All seemed a bit of a palaver to me as if she could have done the request herself, I could have done it there and then. :?

Oh well, I guess my main concern is that whatever is causing it, that it gets sorted quickly (and easily!)
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Sorry to hear you're having bother with your hip Helen. Hopefully the X-ray will make what's going on a bit clearer. If you need any advice on pain relief give me a shout.
Sending you a big feel better soon {hug}

And if that fails.... )hic(
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Helen, what a faff you're having. Shame the physio didn't have a doctor handy to make the referral there and then for you.

Let's hope you can get it all sorted before next weeks appointment and you can move on with your treatment.

Big pain relieving hugs from me too {hug} and like Ellie says a medicinal vino maybe called for )hic(
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Having suffered severe hip pain in the past, I really feel for you Helen. Legs hope that an Xray shows ups what the real problem is. As well as having the arthritis, my hip did occasionally 'dislocat' as does my jaw. I only found out when in hospital with my last hip that I have a deformity with joints. Instead of my feet sticking up when on the bed, mine lay flat, heels and toes in line. The consultant asked me if my feet are always like that and can I bend my thumb back to my wrist etc . When I said yes, he told my that it was because of the shape of the ball joint not being rounded enough and that it was a genetic deformity of the bones. They are too pointy. In all of my years and after having many Xrays, this was the first time I had been told this even though I have always been ultra flexible. Even physio asked me if I used to be an acrobat.
I am only telling you this as I did have the same problem with my hips and physio never helped at all. It is possible for the hip to slip out of line. Not exactly dislocate, but not sit back properly. What physio might be able to do for you is strengthen the muscles around the joint. Lets hope so. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

June, that sounds so familiar - my jaw did that a couple of years back and I couldn't open my mouth for months! Many people considered that a blessing no doubt {rofwl}

I am going to start the exercises tomorrow - it has been really a bit hurty and I haven't wanted to push it too much, although perhaps I should have. I think she in not expecting much from the x-rays - possibly just to rule out anything else. I do hope that the strengthening helps to stabilise it though.
Helen xx

wendy

Post by wendy »

It is always round the bloomin' houses isn't it.
>fi< it starts to get better soon and DO your exercises even if they hurt {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning