Final Tests

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Final Tests

Post by wendy »

I eventually went and had a colonoscopy on Tuesday after all my problems. As they found a polyp in my appendix.
All was fine and they don't want to see me again for 5 years )c(
Anyway they offered me anaesthtic or gas and air. As I was running the dog classes in the evening [this was at 1.30pm] I said gas and air. They were all aghast 'No one ever has gas and air' Well I do, I have an evening class to run and need my wits about me.
So they said they would put a needle in just in case it all got a bit much. :?
Anyway I went down at 2.30 and by 3. 30 I was coming home. All the others were still asleep )grin2(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mad Chick

Re: Final Tests

Post by Mad Chick »

)c( )c( )c(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

That is SUCH great news Wendy {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Glad to hear no more imminent appointments Wendy, thats a relief and to know there's nothing to be concerned about.
Chris Evans the DJ was undergoing the same examination yesterday and spent some time the day before and yesterday talking about the pre op preparations, the dreaded satchets and the effect of them (all very politely though), I thought that was good of him as he was obviously trying to bring it out into the open to make the procedure seem less scarey.
Apparently the consultant said it wasn't necessary after all yike* but when Chris said he had done without food for 24 hours and had been on the loo for most of the day, the consultant said 'ok , we will do it anyway' (think I would have just got off my mark) but although Chris had been marked as having an anaesthetic he did without - like you Wendy he said he had a life to get on with. It was funny yesterday as he kept playing the long versions of songs- I wonder where he was going while they were playing {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Glad you've been given an all clear Wendy. {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
wendy

Post by wendy »

It was a nightmare Annie.
I was supposed to take the 'medicine' at 7pm. But I was running classes until 9.30. So I could hardly keep running for the loo. So I took it when I got home at 9.45. I was still running at 4.30am }hairout{ Then another at 7am.
Then complimented at me bowel cleansing. Had no bloomin' choice. {rofwl} {rofwl}

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

)c( )c(
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Phew! Glad all's OK, Wendy.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Must be a relief for you )t'
LYN
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Wendy, I had to use the sachet once and I hope never again as you say 'you think its all over then..........................
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
wendy

Post by wendy »

)t' {rofwl} {rofwl}

Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Post by Meredith »

That's great news, Wendy. I always think the worst part of these procedures is waiting for the results and yours couldn't be better.

I am like you, I couldn't be doing with being put under and I decided to grin and bear it too, it's not pleasant but not half as bad as some would make out.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Glad all is okay with you Wendy. I had one three years ago and only had the option of sedation or nothing, i chose sedation and it didn't really work for me. this time about 2 months ago I had another colonoscopy and was offered gas an air as an option. I took the option and it was much better; not pleasant but as you say you can then get on with what you have to do.
Julie x
manda

Post by manda »

Great news Wendy...here's hoping that's your health stuff well and truly dealt with for a long time {hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

So glad everything is fine and you don't need to be seen for 5 years Wendy )t' :-D {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.