Don't slip and fall this winter!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Don't slip and fall this winter!

Post by fabindia »

I've posted this in Fitness & Health as it could save a nasty fall this winter. I still run too and from work even in the winter and the other day I was all over the place on the ice. So bought a pair of these on line - something like £6.50 including postage. They are designed to fit over normal shoes or trainers. Tried them out today to and from work on some pretty icy paths and they work a treat.

Falling on the ice is no fun so may be worth investing in a pair - they are general purpose not particularly for running in. In fact, I think running in them is going to wear the metal spikes out pretty quickly but at the price I am not going to grimble.

Michael
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Re: Don't slip and fall this winter!

Post by rhubarb93 »

Good idea! For those who are close to a branch of Clas Olsen, I saw something similar in there today, too.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

After the previous 2 cold winters I bought myself a pair like this (and a huge bag of salt) for last winter - and we didn't have any snow!
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Too late! OH has a broken arm. I could get him some for Chrimbo....
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

They look pretty good, thanks for posting Michael.
The last Landlord of the Pub up the Lane slipped in the Ice a few years back and banged the back of his head, he was in Hospital for 7 weeks, very touch and go.

So any precaution or awareness of the dangers are good.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome