Japanese Saws?

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
manda

Re: Japanese Saws?

Post by manda »

Bargain )app( )app( )app(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
rosesnowm
Learner Laner

Post by rosesnowm »

Hello, I am a new member of this forum, Nice to meet you!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hello, always nice to have a Visitor from China.

We look forward to your posts.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

OH says quote:

"As a time served joiner/cabinet maker of fifty years standing, I wouldn't entertain one of these saws, first of all you get more pressure on a push stroke using the weight of your body, whereas with a pull stroke you only use the muscle in the arm.

Secondly, with one of these saws, in furniture work, you would have to cut from the back side of the timber, because if you cut on the face, the teeth drawing upwards would cause the wood to splinter, which you don't want on the finished side of the work.

In the past, I have tried the double action saws, and find these a waste of time, because they do not give a straight cut".
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Apparently you have to learn a new technique of cutting and once mastered get good results so I'll let you know how I get on. I'm more of an amateur so not expecting Chippendale results whatever tools I use. Well not for a couple of weeks anyway )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Gwiz
Learner Laner

Post by Gwiz »

I used to think all the hype about the Silky saws was a bit much, but having used one I must say they are very good. I suppose, when you think about it, if tree surgeons are willing to pay out so much for them, that's a pretty good recomendation. :-D
Graham.