Got an MRI Scan today - Feeling a bit fed up.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
LisaB

Re: Got an MRI Scan today - Feeling a bit fed up.

Post by LisaB »

Thanks everyone {hug}

I always write a list every time I go to my GP (too much stuff to remember!) but I'll take my mum with me next time, as she sees what I go through on a daily basis.

From the sound of it my consultant seems to think I've been misdiagnosed for the passed 7 years (she was the one to diagnose me), I want to know if my GP has had any further contact with her, as she doesn't seem to mention anything to me relating to the stuff she writes in the letters to him.

I just don't see how she can say it doesn't sound like an inflammatory condition when my bloods and scans from the passed 7 years have said there's high levels of inflammation in my body? >dum<

It's just all a bit confusing. My consultant used to be really nice and used to be really thorough, but the passed few years they've pretty much been 2 minute appointments.

Hopefully I'll find out what's going on soon.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Lisa it might be worth checking if you can have copies of your consultants letter send to you as well as your GP - I know when I take mum to hospital they asked me if we wanted copies of the letter they send to the GP and they always send me a copy in the post. It's difficult to remember all the stuff they say when you go and I find having a copy of the letters very useful.

Hope you find some relief and answers soon. {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

julie62 wrote:Lisa it might be worth checking if you can have copies of your consultants letter send to you as well as your GP - I know when I take mum to hospital they asked me if we wanted copies of the letter they send to the GP and they always send me a copy in the post. It's difficult to remember all the stuff they say when you go and I find having a copy of the letters very useful.

Hope you find some relief and answers soon. {hug}

That's what I do Julie )t' That's how I know she's saying stuff to my GP that she's not even mentioning to me at all.

Thank you {hug}
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

LisaB wrote:
I just don't see how she can say it doesn't sound like an inflammatory condition when my bloods and scans from the passed 7 years have said there's high levels of inflammation in my body? >dum<

I'm no expert, but is it possible that the inflammation might be a reaction to something that's causing your problems, rather than the cause itself?

And have you considered asking your GP for a second opinion? You don't have to stay with the same consultant, you can ask for a different one.

Sorry you are having such a rotten time. {hug}
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Sunny B wrote:
LisaB wrote:

I'm no expert, but is it possible that the inflammation might be a reaction to something that's causing your problems, rather than the cause itself?

And have you considered asking your GP for a second opinion? You don't have to stay with the same consultant, you can ask for a different one.

Sorry you are having such a rotten time. {hug}

Ohh I didnt think of it like that Sunny! Just the way she worded it makes it seem like she thinks my pain doesnt sound like it's caused by inflammation :? but MRI scans have shown in the passed that the muscles around my joints are very inflamed, explaining why they're so painful. I'm gonna ring my GP today and hopefully get an appointment next week )t' I get on with him so much better than my consultant, he talks to me properly, but then again he's known me my whole life!
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

{hug} {hug} a lot to cope with - really hope they find the root cause {hug}
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Sara {hug}
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I've no advice for you Lisa. Just to let you know that I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you very much June {hug}
I over did it a bit yesterday, feeling quite bad, I can't even straighten my arms out {cry}
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Hope tomorrow is a less painful day for you Lisa {hug}
[center][/center]Davina
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Davina {hug}
I think I'm in need of some very "lazy" days :')